Discuss Laser level in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1.doesn't require batteries,
2.won't break when you drop it,
3.nobody will nick it.

if you don't like the blue line on the ceiling, use white chalk. jeez, some people, never satisfied. :mad:

Dewalt here too, but the 89k as it has 2 lasers for the ceiling, handy for down lights on your own with nobody to hold string, and a fatmax tape measure usually lets me measure bigger distances on my own.

I carry a tripod in the van and this suits most occasions - apart from when the area gets busy with other trades. A magnetic holder is also very useful at times along with a multi angle clamp.
For measuring over distance to space out down-lights etc I use the Leica disto d2 most of the time taking a measurement from a common or fixed point - window panes with a piece of paper stuck on or door frames are generally a good fixed reference point when walls are to be battened & boarded/plastered at a later date.

You'll find any red laser will struggle against strong sunlight. I've had two red laser levels, found them satisfactory, even my current Stanley one. You could try a green light laser :)

I wouldn't do with out my Leica laser l2p5. The false ceiling guys on site seem to have the green lasers, they do seem to burn brighter.
Funniest thing I witnessed was the boss (idiot) told the apprentice to buy a laser or a string line because he kept cocking lights up down corridors. So he went out and bought the cheaper option. First job out he pinged a line out down a kitchen ceiling, then another one only to find out it was a finished ply ceiling, the first line was 100mm out. The chalk would not sand out or stain over. The company payed for a new ceiling. Lol

Reply to Laser level in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net