Discuss Laser levels - What do you think of these 2 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stef

Regular EF Member
I bought one of Aldis a few years ago, was about twenty quid, does the job. I wouldn't splash out too much for it.

MKSparks

EF Member
I use this Stanley Self Leveling Cross Line Laser Level Kit: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Fantastic bit of kit for two reasons:

1. It's very very quick to set up, the telescopic pole it mounts on takes about 15 seconds to set up, unlike a tripod which may require adjustment on the legs to get it level enough to "self level"

2. It's very compact and comes in a nice little bag so you won't lose any bits or pieces!

The only downside is I think they're discontinued, atleast they're not on the stanley website or amazon - When I bought mine it was because a builder I work for already had one, so I knew I really wanted to have this specific level, but I think I finally found a small tool shop online that was based in essex who had some in stock. I'm sure you can get one on ebay, they're around £100, it's money well spent...

Sam,
Domestic Electrician, Milton Keynes

johnboy6083

Band Member
It's a Dewalt mate. It's a very very good level. Worth it's wait in gold. It's good for small/medium jobs, but I don't think it would be good for large open spaces, ie setting out lights ect. For that you need a rotary.

O

Octopus

It's a Dewalt mate. It's a very very good level. Worth it's wait in gold. It's good for small/medium jobs, but I don't think it would be good for large open spaces, ie setting out lights ect. For that you need a rotary.
About 95% of my work is domestic so would the "large open spaces" be an issue?

johnboy6083

Band Member
I doubt it. I've attempted to use it in larger spaces, but I struggle to see the laser. One option is to make a mark on the line, and use that to move the laser closer.

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Does anyone use the clear tube filled with water method anymore?

It can go round corners, more than any laser can!

D

D80

Wouldn't be without my Dewalt, not sure of the model but I think its the one that Murdoch mentioned. I bought mine after speaking to a few joiners and they said its the muts, can take a real bashing and still not go off level. Wouldn't be without it when marking out, it and a telescopic pole are superb.

Some tools you can do cheap, not convinced this is one of them though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 99 72.3%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%

Electrician Talk