Discuss Laser levels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ok lasers but the Stanley one doesn't throw the vertical line right over the top of the unit so to get the line projecting close to a wall across a room for downlights the line starts around 2ft from the wall :(.

Having used several different ones, and purchasing a Makita one myself. I would say go for a Dewalt one as has already been said it throws the vertical beam behind itself so you can use it in tight spaces without losing any of the beam.

Oh god I'm going to have to buy one now! Bought a milwaukee fuel m18 impact driver this week, couldn't stop grinning using it. It's amazballs init! £150 body only

Leica Lino L2+ for me, fantastic bit of kit

hi nadger is that the LINO 2 you speak of? Looks good, gets great reviews. Is the tripod any good? Does it come with much else? How much did you pay!!

Hi yes it's the Lino L2+

I got the laser, clip on magnetic base, hard protective case and an extendable pole (like an anorexic akro prop) for £168 from the Leica stand at the Elex show in Harrogate earlier this year.

It's a fantastic bit of kit and according to the Leica bloke he reckons that almost all laser levels on the market use Leica lasers in their equipment. No sure how true that is though

One feature I like is the ability to lock the laser, this allows you to cast a line on a surface at any angle you like, which came in very handy last month when fitting a bannister at a mates place

It does horizontal, vertical or both together, also has brightness adjustment and a pulse mode too

Hi yes it's the Lino L2+

I got the laser, clip on magnetic base, hard protective case and an extendable pole (like an anorexic akro prop) for £168 from the Leica stand at the Elex show in Harrogate earlier this year.

It's a fantastic bit of kit and according to the Leica bloke he reckons that almost all laser levels on the market use Leica lasers in their equipment. No sure how true that is though

One feature I like is the ability to lock the laser, this allows you to cast a line on a surface at any angle you like, which came in very handy last month when fitting a bannister at a mates place

It does horizontal, vertical or both together, also has brightness adjustment and a pulse mode too

Got a steel there just looked at one of them with pole £285 inc vat.

Can someone do a quick dummies guide of how to use one of these to mark up a load of downlighters the easiest way.
Just having a think myself of how I would use the tool, but would be interested to hear how it 'should' be done :)

Place on floor make line square with wall, by measuring out from the wall, making a mark at both ends of the room line up laser on both marks then work out the spacings along rooms length. Then curse the chippy for putting his joists at every point you want to put a light also realising at the same time it would have been easier pinging a chalk line ,simple ;)

Dewalt lazer is the best one does plum line vertical and horizontal lines. Can adapt a Stanley floor to ceiling stand to hold it

Reply to Laser levels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net