Discuss Lasers!!!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

hoppy

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

what laser level would you guys recommend, need floor and ceiling projections also horizontal. for wall lighting.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

thanks guys.

Had a Black and Decker one for about three years now.........great for getting all your sockets n switches nice and even. it has Horizontal, Vertical and cross beams it self levels and has 2 what appear to be stainless steel pins in the back to hang it with if you dont use a tripod, they resemble a couple of very large headed very fine drawing pins, they go into plassy board and soft plaster a treat. The Dewalt one is a nice bit a kit but is double the price. never been able to get it to do lines on ceiling for downlighters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I use it for is socket heights and conduit/trunking runs. Is a pain for downlights as you can't lock the laser, so each time you move the thing the laser wants to find level. Don't know if it would be better with a tripod or not? Because of this i stil prefer a chalk line for downlights.

Last edited:
Yep chalk line for me as well with downlights, tripod dont help ............bloody technology. As you say brill for conduit runs.

My Bosck one does the lines on the ceiling also, very pleased with it.

It was less than £100 with tripod included
jpg.gif

Attachments

• !cid_Image0003.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 78
No its a very new Sweedish make...................

It is a Bosch PCL 1 with tripod, now discontinued! Shame as I really like mine

Hi, I aslo have a PCL 1 got it for £40 from Bodge it and Quit in one of their clearence sales. Nice little unit.

Cheers,
Lofty

I just bought the Dewalt Jobbie. Very impressed. had a few jobs coming up which it would have been handy for (read -pay for itself!) and ive found ive used it for more other jobs aswell...

Very recommended!

HAha remember a cocky aprentise thinking he was the bees knee's, couldnt tell him anything.
chalk lining for some 100mm ish down lights in a canteen on an expensive potato waffle type plaster board ceiling, for some reason they couldnt paint over it lol. That made him think abit.

Hi CBW,
How do you get it to do ceilings ? I have one of those PCL 1's but don't think that it will do ceilings ( haven't used it for some time now and batts flat). Always used it for sockets etc.

Cheers for any info.

Lofty.

Reply to Lasers!!!!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net