Discuss Layout and wiring diagrams help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

deano12929

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a drawing program for wiring, layout and circuit diagrams for the pc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Deano

There is it's auto cad the latest version is about £2k , you can down load demo versions with limited capability and the course is about £800.00 for basic understanding of the software , however if it.s only for domestic you can use either coral draw or microsft paint.

What type of diagram and layouts are you trying to produce

If it is CAD then as has been mentioned there is the expensive option of AutoCAD at £3.2k for the full blown version or the cut down LT version for about 1k. A good alternative is TurboCAD which is a bit cheaper

TurboCAD Deluxe

For circuit diagrams Microsoft Visio is good and could be utilised for layouts as well

Last edited:
microsoft visio is an additional part of the office package which you can use for wiring diagrams etc, its not expensive and like most computer programs, can be 'obtained' by 'other' methods.

Downloaded this free CAD package the other day:

FREE CAD Download

The free version is pretty basic but may do what you want. It is provided with 15 day demos of two paid for versions. The next level up, Draft It Plus offers more features than the free version and is only 20 quid. Seems to do enough for my needs and is similar in operation to the version of AutoCAD LT I used to use around 10-15 years ago.

Reply to Layout and wiring diagrams help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net