Discuss LCD inspection camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've got the "see snake" as i have said in another post, That one looks pretty similar except for the detachable screen.Not brilliant but upto the job , lack of focus at close up is the main drawback. Worth it's weight in gold though when it does solve your problem.

I've never regretted buying mine, and I suspect at this range they are all out of the same stable; and as you say not a lot of money for the gamble.

I just bought a 5M inspection camera on eBay from China last night: Mini AV Waterproof Endoscope Borescope Snake Inspection Camera 5M | eBay for £22.47. I'd bought a cheapo little bullet cam a few weeks ago and used it for the first time on a void yesterday and found while it was good, co-ordinating it with a torch was a pain.
I already had a little screen 3.5" TFT LCD MONITOR CCTV CAMERA TESTER TESTING 12V OUTPUT Wrist Band Portable | eBay (about £43.60) for CCTV installations but I'd advocate this solution over the bendy inspection cameras as you can obviously strap this to the end of a cable rod and insert it deep into a void to see where your obstruction is. Plus you have a screen for CCTV setup as well then :)

Last edited:
I have managed to find the specs for it and it is low resolution, 480x240; the tube is 9mm. One review said the picture was bad, hmm...
However ebuyer have sold forty of them in the last 5 hours.

I'm skint too but thought it might be good, I think overall cyberprogs idea is the best, potentially scaleable system,but cost more. You get what you pay for, though I did see the non contact thermometers for £8 on Cyberprogs shop (but others for £100) who needs thermographic cameras!

Not my shop! Just one of the hundreds of chinese sellers out there! I tend to have low expectations from such products. The screen for example is really good, but has one fault in that there's no on/off for the audio, and you often have it making a humming/buzzing noise when the cable is plugged in for some reason. But given as that's it's only annoying flaw, it's worth living with for the cost of the unit. And charging from a USB lead, with 12V power out is dead handy.
Not sure on the quality of the camera yet, but hopefully it will be adequate for the job I have in mind (network runs under a mezzanine floor, problem is the access to the ceiling is two rooms away, so 5m of rods should solve that problem!)

We purchased a few borescopes from SnakeVision, they do various models ranging from around £30 to £150, we found they are affordable and good quality for the money, the models that we purchased had a colour 2.4" screen, 10mm diameter camera head, we had the option to extend the flexible camera head soo that it becomes 3m long, however we did not purchase this, they also sold a 5,5mm camera head as a add on, the inspection camera comes with 3 attachments and a hard plastic carry case.

Reply to LCD inspection camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net