Discuss Leads to Jobs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
Hi All.

I would be very interested in how others are getting on. We recently joined a web search engine on a month by month bases. Take it or leave it etc. The call rate has increased but the take up of work hasn't.

What's others leads like and percentage of take ups. I would say for every six we quote one is coming in.

I read on the web somewhere the conversion rate can often be one in thirty for PV, so one in six is probably not bad. My MCS is on the 23rd so I havent activly started advertising yet, installs are increasing rapidly every year however there does seem to be quite a few new MCS contractors registering, just need joe public to be made aware of the FIT, knoweone I know does, whos not in the trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone you tell about the FITS sounds keen. The goverment or mcs need to advertise this because no one knows about it apart from the green gang..

90% of my hits to my website are from the MCS site, I am running a google campaign but am beggining to think its not realy worth it,since the (MCS) changed the siet to display the closest installer to your postcode its a level playing field for big or small companies.

Try buying leads, always good quality, I've had to stop mine because we've too much work but one I had last month has lead to over 100k of work and another to 30k. We're converting about 40% at the minute.

Google solar quotes and take your pick - I've tried a few and the quality has been pretty good. Insist on 3 free to start off with to test them out. If they don't give you any free, move onto the next provider - there's loads out there and some of the work closest to me has come from this type of lead because they didn't know we existed.

Thanks, I found Save and Generate created 10 enquiries, none of which were progressed to jobs by the client (or they got wise to commission and bypassed the site)

I use these :-
Energy Marketing leads from the Green Lead Company

We limit ours to 20 a month all local, conversion rate about 1 in 3 but we assume customers went elsewhere on internet as well. Some customers are only interested in bottom line price with the cheapest rice packed rubbish so we write them off and move onto customers who want to use better quality equipment.

Solar PV leads are £20 each and you can select by postcode what you want. Sometimes you are only quoting against the national sharks.
You can usually beat someone travelling anyway as most people want "local" in case of any future issues. I have picked up jobs less than a mile from home because they have never heard of us probably because we dont have a high street presence packed with commission driven salesmen. Unfortunately the rip off price nationals then have the massive profits to fund their huge advertising campaigns to pass on work to their fixed priced low quality subbies.

I just checked and this morning there are brand new leads today available in LA, SN, ST, NV, CH , YO, WR, CH, CW , ME, NW, WS, NG and HR.

This information is not be used by anyone in Dorset :)

well if you want to make more money I do similar process with companies up here in Scotland where 50/50 split and I work hard on pricework dependant on how much job is. I have recently passed my 2372 solar PV installation, I am a qualified electrician and electrical test engineer. I have experience in surveying properties for electrical side of solar PV Installations, electrical testing and maintenance works, I am looking to gain experience in installing solar PV systems, electrical testing or electrical maintenance work and asking if you have any positions at all either part time, full time or ad hoc, if you could call Gary Monahan e mail me at [email protected] to discuss how we can profit together, id be happy to relocate too

Reply to Leads to Jobs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net