Discuss Learning Privately in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
As I can not find someone willing to take me on as an apprentice, I have opted to learn privately. Anyone done this before? I'm applying through a company called "Access Trade Careers" www.career-electrician.co.uk/glasgow They say they are highly recognized, this true?

Basically I get sent stuff and when I think I am ready, I go down to Cardiff to the training centre for a week where I am continually tested. This happens 4 weeks in total.
The guy that interviewed me said the fastest he's seen someone complete the course is 6 monthshttp://www.talk.electriciansforums.co.uk/images/smilies/how%20they%20look.gif This seems too good to be true!

The qualifications I come out at the end of it is:
• Part P EAL Domestic Electrical Installer-Full scope
• The 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations City & Guilds 2382
• Certificate in Fundamental Inspection and Testing- City & Guilds 2392-10
• Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations- City & Guilds 2391-10

I noticed there's no City & Guilds 2330 levels 2 and 3 but the guy insisted that the qualifications I get through this is all I need to become a fully qualified electrician, can some confirm if the above is all I need?

As I can not find someone willing to take me on as an apprentice, I have opted to learn privately. Anyone done this before? I'm applying through a company called "Access Trade Careers" www.career-electrician.co.uk/glasgow They say they are highly recognized, this true?

Basically I get sent stuff and when I think I am ready, I go down to Cardiff to the training centre for a week where I am continually tested. This happens 4 weeks in total.
The guy that interviewed me said the fastest he's seen someone complete the course is 6 monthshttp://www.talk.electriciansforums.co.uk/images/smilies/how%20they%20look.gif This seems too good to be true!

The qualifications I come out at the end of it is:
• Part P EAL Domestic Electrical Installer-Full scope
• The 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations City & Guilds 2382
• Certificate in Fundamental Inspection and Testing- City & Guilds 2392-10
• Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations- City & Guilds 2391-10

I noticed there's no City & Guilds 2330 levels 2 and 3 but the guy insisted that the qualifications I get through this is all I need to become a fully qualified electrician, can some confirm if the above is all I need?

Hi

if you do a search on the forum I have answered queries about this before, you may find it helpfull;)

hiya, shakeys right, theres loads in this section ( where i've moved and deleted one of your thread) posting it twice in different sections doesn't get it answered quicker, it just makes people think your too impatient to wait for an answer.

anyways, theres loads of intensive courses around, some doing it in 4 weeks - 6 weeks, all different time of durations.

While your researching, find out what a "qualified electrician" is.....

take alook what i've put at the bottom of this thread

http://www.electriciansforums.net/general-electrical-discussion/1741-number-sparks-u-k.html

let us know what you decided to do, also check out the feedback for the courses, it might give u an idea of what the courses are like

hiya, shakeys right, theres loads in this section ( where i've moved and deleted one of your thread) posting it twice in different sections doesn't get it answered quicker, it just makes people think your too impatient to wait for an answer.

anyways, theres loads of intensive courses around, some doing it in 4 weeks - 6 weeks, all different time of durations.

While your researching, find out what a "qualified electrician" is.....

take alook what i've put at the bottom of this thread

http://www.electriciansforums.net/general-electrical-discussion/1741-number-sparks-u-k.html

let us know what you decided to do, also check out the feedback for the courses, it might give u an idea of what the courses are like
Sorry want ment to delete my original post.
Will have a search and see what I come up with:)

in the meantime ,hello .
Hey Wayne!

Having read through many previous posts I think I know slightly better of whats going on.The above course I posted is if you are wanting to do domestic work. I'm wanting to do commercial/industrial work as well as domestic but this course could be a good starting point. I understand experience is the key here and I should try and get an electricians labourer/mate job as quick as I can.

The above company are wanting £5500 plus I need to travel from Glasgow to Cardiff for 4 weeks in total which will cost about £20 a night (£560) to stay not including flight tickets. So looking bout £6500-6700ish which is A LOT!!!
I see Tradesskills4U and access training are cheaper and you can complete them in even quicker time, are these maybe not as good?
I take it that the City and Guilds 2330 level 2 and 3 is just an alternative
route to the intensive course?

Thanks,
Kelvin

Forgot to add, anyone know any training centres close to or nearer to GLasgow than Cardiff?

Last edited:
Have a chat with Anniesland College they might be able to help. I did my 16th edition course and exam there when I was working in Clydebank (that's another story!!!)

Reply to Learning Privately in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock