• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Learning Purposes : Industrial and Commercial or Domestic in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hiya, Just started out as an electrician a couple of months back, didnt really know anything to start with. Now am wondering, i'm now in a job which does industrial and commercial work. I was applying for a domestic job and this other one came round so i took that one up.

Just out of interest of your opinion, where will I learn more from a job in industrial and commercial or a domestic job

regards Luke (admin)

Hi Luke,
For what its worth, domestic work is an absolute must in terms of learning. However, when you have mastered domestic wiring it does become very very boring with little by way of challenge. I started on domestic and have moved onto industrial & commercial now (9 months ago) and I like this work much more. I hate dirty itchy loft spaces and I like working in offices where there are lots of lovely fit women to look at. Seriously though, the feeling in general is that a monkey can do house bashing and it takes a more experienced / better spark to work Ind / Commercial as it is so much more complex / involved. I treat housebashing as the 'bread & butter' of electrics - essential but there are better ways of carving a living. Hope that helps?

Reply to Learning Purposes : Industrial and Commercial or Domestic in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back