Discuss Leaving renewables for the time being. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Earthstore

Hi all, just to let you know, well those of you who are left on here that is, that I also have decided to give up on renewables for a while anyway.
It is such a shame, with all the time, effort and money that you put into a business only to have it taken away from you.

I am pleased that I managed to have quite a few quality installs completed for customers and that they are all working well, so I have achieved something.

Renewables, or should I say Alternative energy will be the future, but sadly the Government and the energy providers just do not want it, why should they, if all their incomes are going to drop because people are producing their energy needs for less.

The whole politics thing really stinks, it is rotten from the core, I, as have many have followed and tried to work with all the ever changing rules, when they write 58 page documents that still do not cover all the facts, and the vital information they do use could be written on the back of a smoke packet, and when questioned about it they just refer you back to the said document.

They should all be totally ashamed, but I guess that is politics for you, a huge amount of people that are vastly overpaid and have not got a clue what things are really like.

I have resurrected my old business, so I am Ok, my bills are being paid, but I am sure that some may not be so fortunate.

I will still drop in from time to time to give some advise if I can, but do not ask me what the current rate is for FIT's because I have not got a clue.

Unlike Ploughcroft, I can walk away with my head held high, I did my bit for the planet, but not at the expense of others.

sorry to hear this.

fwiw your post motivated me to just fire off an email to Hillary Benn, a local MP who's shown a fair degree of interest, and knows the subject from his time at DEFRA among other things. We had a meeting with him last year when the FIT cuts had been announced, so I thought some follow up was in order, and I've suggested he ask Caroline Flint to ask for a parliamentary debate on the issue, and potentially try to get the next cut delayed for 6 months in light of the ridiculously low install rates at the moment.

That's such a shame Earth store ! I wish you all the best. As I said before I now treat this very much as a hobby and fund a lot of my time spent and costs out my own pocket.

I just hope we're not left with the cowboys, but I'm sure they will be on the next gravy train...green deal ...hmmm

Its not the government now its the general public conception (Greg did his job). That has been ruined and will take a lot of positive PR to get there.

Good luck Earthstore, we're not going the same way yet, but the writing is on the wall. If things don't pick up in the Spring we'll be moving onto other prospects. I'm sure you'll be back in renewables, it's just a matter of time ....

I'm sure there are quite a few PV guys on here that already understand my views on PV and I won't drag that into.

I like the others guys would like to wish ES the best and hope that he can move on from here. It is a shame to see guys who have invested heavily not only money but time into something to see it disappear.

Unfortunately PV is not the first and I doubt it would be the last.

Good luck mate. Its a tough one at the moment. They talk about boosing the economy by pumping millions into the building trade and kill another industry that was thriving ? O and the future is Gas. The GREENEST Government EVER ?

Kevin, sorry to hear you have had to leave the world of PV but glad that you have other work to fall back on.

Sorry to here that ES. But can you or anybody give me an update as to where Solar, Heatpumps, Green Deal, RHI are. I have been off the forum for while but my partners are just preparing to renew MCS membership and I for one do not want to invest if appears the green deal is going to be a "pup". Any advice would be welcome.

shame to hear your leaving, but not too suprising. I think this business is unsurvivable for all except the cowboys now.
I'm keeping it ticking along by closing down my electrical company and moving the general electrical work into the PV company. I've got some other, non PV, irons in the fire which will keep the PV company running so we can just slip in and out of the market as we need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
no, I think the meaning is clear. It's not survivable for us in it's current form. My other businesses mean we can stay in the background should it change in the future and to pick up any work thats there but as a full time business, main business, or even decent part time business PV is now non viable for us.

This is from the segen web site
SEGEN IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING A HIGHER THAN USUAL VOLUME OF ORDERS. TO ENSURE YOUR ORDER IS DISPATCHED WHEN YOU WANT IT, PLEASE PLACE ORDERS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND ARRANGE PROMPT PAYMENT.
some installers are still busy

Reply to Leaving renewables for the time being. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock