Discuss LED Bathroom Mirror - Lights not functioning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks PEG. there's actually some very fair people on here, with a lot more knowledge and experience than me. Ok they do bite sometimes but if you show you've tried to work stuff out and ask questions with respect they'll normally help you out.
the people I'm talking about have helped me out many times.

To be honest with you, I believe that the OP probably installed the mirror themselves.
Fairly certain, that if it had been installed by a tradesman, the OP would not have waited 6 months before asking for advice on a forum, but would have been straight on to the tradesman.
Hopefully, the OP will now be thinking "RDC what? I wonder what else I haven't done right? This time I'd better call an elecrician."

I recently got called to a cooker fault.
The customer had connected the cooker cable to the CCU, but had left so much slack cable in the back box that the neutral conductor was caught between the back box and a screw. fortunately the circuit was protected by an RCD.
and easy done on light switches n all.....by the unwary....

mmmm maybe if the customers explained all the problems in the first place and not add little bits every now and then we would be able to find a remedy sooner making replies and repairs more painless for all and as this is an electrician's forum we presume there should at least be a basic understanding of electricity or they should not be looking for answers anyway!! maybe there should be restrictions on who can access the forum ?

I wouldn't restrict access.
To my mind this forum offers something for everyone.
For many it's a tool for education, for others, it's something to while away time and for some it's even a job center.
I'd much rather someone came on here to ask for advice, and leave knowing enough to make an informed decision.
To decide whether they are up to the job, or whether they should get someone in to do it.
If we restrict access, people will just go to other forums, and perhaps get good advice, or perhaps get bad.
Who knows?

I think that if access were to be restricted, the forum would decline, lose revenue and probably cease to exist in the near future.

I wouldn't restrict access.
To my mind this forum offers something for everyone. I agree
For many it's a tool for education, for others, it's something to while away time and for some it's even a job center.
Same as above

I'd much rather someone came on here to ask for advice, and leave knowing enough to make an informed decision.
Again
To decide whether they are up to the job, or whether they should get someone in to do it.
You can't really tell from a few lines posted on an internet forum who is capable.
If in doubt, don't post advice or anything! It's really quite easy not to reply!

If we restrict access, people will just go to other forums, and perhaps get good advice, or perhaps get bad.
Who knows?
DIYnot!

I think that if access were to be restricted, the forum would decline, lose revenue and probably cease to exist in the near future.
Can't see any restrictions around these parts.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the same token, you can't really tell from a few lines posted on an internet forum who is not capable.
My doubts as to a persons capability don't really come into it.
If I give my advice, they can then decide whether they are capable, or if not get someone in.

Not quite sure what your last statement is about, I assume it's ironic.

I have the same problem and have sourced a new led driver. Have taken the old one out (glued in ... really!!!!!!!) and put new one in. All to no avail! Any othe suggestions.

Reply to LED Bathroom Mirror - Lights not functioning in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock