Discuss Led batten, one flickering. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Put up three new led battens in the workshop and after a few weeks one of them is flickering.

They are all on the same circuit , single switch and no other problem lights in the house on same mcb.

Lighting is not currently rcd protected but cu is due for an upgrade. I'm training to be a fully qualified spark after being underwhelmed with the Electrical Trainee nonsense currently doing level 3. Any thoughts on what could be the cause of the flickering in that one fitting? Thanks in advance

Inside the ones I’ve fitted, there will be a driver, and that’s about it.

If it started flickering a few weeks after install, money is on the driver.
Or loose connection? Even the factory made ones.

The budget range tend to have drivers that are undersized for continuous use.
Especially in commercial environments where the lights are on all day

The budget range tend to have drivers that are undersized for continuous use.
Especially in commercial environments where the lights are on all day
Hi , interesting information that thanks. They were not particularly expensive at around 35 quid each but they are only in a home workshop and used infrequently.

Reply to Led batten, one flickering. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock