Discuss LED bulbs burning out on same circuit as fluorescents? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just interested if anyone knows anything about this. I was chatting to someone in a wholesalers today and he said he had a lighting circuit feeding some LED fittings then a fluorescent then some more LED fittings, when he turns on the lights all the LED bulbs after the fluorescent blow straight away, he opened up the bulbs and the circuit boards were totally burned out. anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Harmonic Distortion. I duno, call the manufacturer of the leds and ask them. Sorry I'm not an expert in flossys haha

Well like I said, its not my problem I don't even know the guy but it sounded like a strange fault that ive never come across, all I can think is the ballast is maybe causing some kind of surge and I know the led bulbs are quite delicate, just thought someone might have come across it before but you obviously haven't but thank you soooo much for the helpful responses

Yeah, there's no question that the flossy is causing the problem so it's simple enough to fix...get him to take it out.

I have not known this problem either. I have put LEDs into some potentially electrically noisy areas such as lift cars with no problems.
I know it is not your job, but if the fluorescents did not have electronic grear then I would change them first. Failing that an oscilloscope or signal/power monitor to see exactly what is going on.

Yea, I don't think its got anything to do with noise, and its strange because its quite common to have fluorescents and LEDs on the same circuit as places slowly change them over, I agree that they must have an underlying problem they need to sort out

They're commonly called light-bulbs. Get used to it, because its not going to change.

Anyway, maybe the LED lamp-bulbs (as I prefer to call them to annoy all sides) don't like the lagging effect caused by the fluorescent control gear?

They're commonly called light-bulbs. Get used to it, because its not going to change.

Anyway, maybe the LED lamp-bulbs (as I prefer to call them to annoy all sides) don't like the lagging effect caused by the fluorescent control gear?

You really are STROPPY

I have a circuit in my house just as described and no worries so far ( 2 years) As for bulbs/lamps. My customers call them bulbs so, so do I. You sound like a trainee regurgitating what your lecturer is saying.

Reply to LED bulbs burning out on same circuit as fluorescents? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock