Discuss LED Decking lights connundrum in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

All,

Customer today said look at this..... LED decking lights, 2 transformers, 1 set not working at all, so probably the transformer, but the second string on one light 2 or 3 LED's are working but when you turn the lights off, some of the other fittings briefly light up....

Got showed this today at 5.30pm, after a long day, so didn't have time to investigate today (and yes I did have my MFT with me).

Ideas? Thoughts?

All,

Customer today said look at this..... LED decking lights, 2 transformers, 1 set not working at all, so probably the transformer, but the second string on one light 2 or 3 LED's are working but when you turn the lights off, some of the other fittings briefly light up....

Got showed this today at 5.30pm, after a long day, so didn't have time to investigate today (and yes I did have my MFT with me).

Ideas? Thoughts?

Ok i will ring you tomorrow................................................no chance!............................. let someone else have the problem.

All,

Ideas? Thoughts?

I'm going to have a brave stab in the dark here and say faulty transformer having some sort of mutual induction effect sending some sort of current through..... Right where's that beer gone.....

Have a peek at the switch, it may be that someone has wired it in 3CE with the thought of making it two way switched (even if it's not) and you're getting a capacitance problem from the cable.

Have a peek at the switch, it may be that someone has wired it in 3CE with the thought of making it two way switched (even if it's not) and you're getting a capacitance problem from the cable.

They are of the "plug in" varity, and we quickly checked the sockets and also ran an extension lead to "by pass" the garden sockets.

I've now discovered they wwere bought from a shed and have a 3 year warranty!

Reply to LED Decking lights connundrum in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net