Discuss LED dimming woes: Switch question in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

New to the forum so apologies if the format of this is incorrect. I'm a DIY'er and thought it would be relatively easy to switch out a standard double gang socket that powers kitchen lights and external security light for a dimmable switch. I fitted a varilight V-Pro yesterday and replaced all LEDs in the kitchen spots with dimmable lights. The kitchen works a treat much to the delight of the Mrs. Sadly I hadn't thought through the implications for the external security light. It's now not working (occasional flicker) and clearly the dimmer circuit (even on full) is not appropriate for the 100W equivalent PIR LED lamp. I really want to avoid the cost and effort of re-wiring the external light. Is anyone aware of a double gang that has dimming on one side and a standard switch on the other? The kitchen uses 7 down spots.

You must be logged in to see the message.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to LED dimming woes: Switch question in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom