Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss LED Downlighters - Any good? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Admin
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

My downlighters keep blowing. Apparently LED's last a lot longer.

Any good or what? Don't fancy replacing them all if they're just going to pop or whatever too.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
decent LED lamps will last ages. some even carry a 40,000 hour warranty. try diamond LED co. halers,kosnic, and any more you can think of. need at least a 7 watt LED to be equivalent to a 50w halogen. i assume you've got GU10 mains halogens not the 12V ones.

F

Fin170

Where have you been the last year or so? :lol:

For complete replacements I think the JCC ones are spot on

For retrofit lamps, never had any problems with Philips, Kosnic, GE, Robus or LEDlite. There are many options, changing to cool white lamps in my kitchen and bathroom made the rooms feel so much nicer to be in

Dont buy the cheap ones or they'll last a lot less than the halogens

Remember the difference in colours too, white are brighter but are a cold light, where as warm white dont seem as bright but are a warmer light.

M

mr murdock

Dont buy the cheap ones or they'll last a lot less than the halogens

Remember the difference in colours too, white are brighter but are a cold light, where as warm white dont seem as bright but are a warmer light.
i call this "dirty white" - just think it looks cheap compared to Cool White - would recommend Knightsbridge range of downlights and GU10 LED for decent qulaity at a competitive rate

Reply to LED Downlighters - Any good? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom