Discuss Led downlights installing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

redsocks

DIY
Reaction score
Hello wonder if anyone can help. I have installed 6 led downlights that I would like to be controlled from a 2 gang dimmer, 2 banks of 3 . Have gone from a single pendant/ single switch.
After having other issues ( one dimmer would turn on/off other electricals connected in the loop. After Swapping the live to the switched live, 5 in total. The result is one side permanently on, other side works as it should.
I have tried bridging the com, bridged between the 2 switched live, one thing i have not done though, i have not joined all the downlights together. I have ran cable to 1 2 3 then ran cable to 1 2 3. From the junction box, put all the lives into wago, the neutrals into a connector and the earths into a connector, then the 2 switched lives.
Is this the issue that led have not been wired together, 1 2 3 4 5 6 ?
+

Reply to Led downlights installing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, asking for a friend in Australia. She wants to install two Pendant lights over a kitchen island and four downlights all on the same switch...
Replies
Views
I have purchased spotlights as below, but they are flickering when I dimmed them down to around 15-20%. We have installed 8 x ALUSSO LED Recessed...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
This weekend at Electrical2Go we are offering the Ansell Prism pro (APRIP/1) for just £6.95 ex VAT ! These are one of our best-selling...
Replies
Views
I have a led panel that i want to dim. It is dimmable but without a dimmable driver. I have a dimmer module and a dimmer switch as shown in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock