Discuss LED DRIVER in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys panel lighting which has a driver in them above a foam tiled office my question is that the twin and earth feeding the driver is not earthed my some people are saying well a pendant dosent have an earth what do you guys think

You mean the earth is cut off, or it’s just a twin cable with no earth?
Regs say there has to be an earth at every point, even if it’s not required, and connected through if it’s a loop in/out cable.
The driver is more than likely class II and doesn’t need it.

pendants and lamp holders have a bs number all of their own...
Where else can you have a hole big enough to stick your British standard finger in and touch live parts

if the driver doesn't have an earth terminal, the earth should be parked in a choc block or wago, and if 2 cables at a fitting, the earth should be continuous to the next light and on and on to all fittings

Reply to LED DRIVER in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I’m after some advice please. I’m installing some LED profile around a customers bedroom ceiling for some led strip to sit in and...
Replies
Views
Hi :) I'm currently renovating my outbuilding. My electrician has fitted 10 conduit LEDs (that support both leading and trailing edge) and x4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, i work for a relatively small company, but we are doing some big jobs. And right our headache is taking over outdoor lighting...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve have some ten year old Collingwood SL020 RGB led garden spike lights which I’d like to keep using but wondering if I can use them with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock