Discuss LED flickers when off in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

nieldm

-
Reaction score
I am using a miniature IP68 LED downlight in an alcove inside the shower, connected to a 6-circuit lighting controller (Crestron, but made by Lutron), which controls the bedroom and bathroom lights. The light works fine, but when set to off, unless all circuits are off it flickers....ie if I turn the bathroom lights off but the bedroom lights are on. This is that part where I should have RTFM'd in a little more detail but the specification of the dimmer says the minimum load per circuit is 25w (traditional) and this little LED downlight is 1w....so am I correct that this is probably the issue?

If so, can I solve the problem by combining the circuit with one of the other bathroom circuits? That would be a lot easier than getting the thing out of the alcove via hacking a hole in the wife's new bathroom, with predictable consequences for my well-being. I just don't want to try it if there is a risk of me blowing anything...

Help would be much appreciated...

how many lights are on the dimmer?
There are 5 circuits used in total, with 3 circuits used for the bathroom, one with 4 ceiling downlight, one for an LED strip under the sink cabinet (which works fine, dims and no flicker) and the one in question. I was thinking I could combine it with the LED strip circuit. I lose the ability to turn them on and off independently, but that's not a hardship....

Reply to LED flickers when off in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone. I have fitted an extractor fan in my bathroom with an overrun timer, to start when the bathroom led lights are turned on...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
We are having issues with our electrical system. In the garage, dining room, kitchen, one of two bathrooms, master bedroom and the front yard...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to replace 4 inset downlights with surface mounted ones: Phoebe LED, Atlanta Universal Downlight 6.5W/3000K, chosen as they'll...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock