Discuss Led floodlight not working properly in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I recently bought a led 10w floodlight with PIR. My other half tried fitting it the other day and all the tiny round lights that make up the led weren't coming on ,therefore not making the light anywhere near enough bright. He plugged it into a socket to make sure it wasn't fault and it worked great. The light is running of a 2 gang 2 way light switch. What could be the reason for it not working properly when wired in? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
It's hard to really tell without being there but if the light works great then I'd go with he wired it up incorrectly.
Does it tell you in the manual how to wire it up?
What is the make/model of the light?

Are you people suggesting the OPs hubby might have taken the feed from the switch, without using a neutral??.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Well........it had a red and a black in there......

I thought you boys did a proper job and used to put some red sleeving over the black... :tearsofjoy:

There are many reasons why LEDs don't work. External interference may lead to LED unbrightness, loop control instability may also lead to such problems. The problem may also be caused by the constant current factor of the constant current source.

QUOTE - [ not making the light anywhere near enough bright. ]
Has anyone put a ac volt meter on the light under these conditions ? If the light is wired wrongly such as in series with something else ? then that would explain it all !

i would guess that the light is wired L and S/L , false Neutral.

Reply to Led floodlight not working properly in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net