Discuss Led gu10 lights flashing on circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

markco

-
Reaction score
New lighting circuit from board to kitchen with 6 gu10 led downlights then into hall with 3 gu10 leds then into front room with 8 leds gu10 all work perfectly the problem now starts when in dining room 6 leds gu10s there flash when turned On.if i remove 5 of the leds the remaining 1 does NOT FLASH but as soon as i put one more led into downlight in dining room there flash any help would be appreciated thks mark

Are all the lamps Crompton and is the problem just in the dinning room ? I have been called to a job once where some cheaper GU10 LED lamps flickered/part lit when turned off changed the lamps and all was ok.It might be faulty electronics in one of the lamps.

Sounds like a loose connection just before the dining room; the connection can carry a small current but a larger current causes it to fail, briefly.
However the currents should be so small it hardly makes a difference, so maybe it is just the switch not quite making contact.
Normally I would be thinking overloaded transformers but this fails for GU10s!

I had a case where one gu10 led was faulty, although it lit and appeared fine on the face of it, whenever it was on it made all the other lamps on the circuit flicker. It was a bit of a headscratcher at the time.

how are the others wired ? did you splice into a cable see a blue and brown wire assume its live and neutral add junction box and bobs your uncle , it could have been switch wire, you need to test for voltage , i have seen this is the flesh

Are all the lamps Crompton and is the problem just in the dinning room ? I have been called to a job once where some cheaper GU10 LED lamps flickered/part lit when turned off changed the lamps and all was ok.It might be faulty electronics in one of the lamps.
Yes lamps are crompton and yes problem only in dining area and only flash when switched on

how are the others wired ? did you splice into a cable see a blue and brown wire assume its live and neutral add junction box and bobs your uncle , it could have been switch wire, you need to test for voltage , i have seen this is the flesh
Its a brand new circuit i put in and no i didnt splice into a cable the rest of the rooms work fine just dining room works ok with 1 led but as soon as u add another one there flash only when switched on

Try swopping the 6 LED lamps between the kitchen and dinning room if the dinningroom is then ok and the problem transfers to kitchen may prove one of the lamps.

Try swopping the 6 LED lamps between the kitchen and dinning room if the dinningroom is then ok and the problem transfers to kitchen may prove one of the lamps.
I tried that already but there where ok on the other rooms
i didnt mean to offend its just ive seen a home owner do that exact thing and im unaware if there are builders , homeowners etc posting
You didnt offend mate all ideas are welcome

I tried that already but there where ok on the other rooms
i didnt mean to offend its just ive seen a home owner do that exact thing and im unaware if there are builders , homeowners etc posting
You didnt offend mate all ideas are welcome
I had a case where one gu10 led was faulty, although it lit and appeared fine on the face of it, whenever it was on it made all the other lamps on the circuit flicker. It was a bit of a headscratcher at the time.
I wish it was that, there dont flicker there flasher on off on off fast but not really fast like flicking

Well if you have swopped over the 6 from the kitchen with the ones in the dinning room and they are ok in the kitchen /ones from kitchen now flash in dinning room it will rule out the lamps may be as Richard Burns posted the switch not making .Is it all the lamps ?,Does having the lights on or off in the other rooms change the situation ? by- pass switch will rule out that theory of switch poor contact.

Well if you have swopped over the 6 from the kitchen with the ones in the dinning room and they are ok in the kitchen /ones from kitchen now flash in dinning room it will rule out the lamps may be as Richard Burns posted the switch not making .Is it all the lamps ?,Does having the lights on or off in the other rooms change the situation ? by- pass switch will rule out that theory of switch poor contact.

Reply to Led gu10 lights flashing on circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock