Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss LED & Halogen on same circuit - Halogens no longer work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Ed1991

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have 5 lights in my garden on the same circuit, they were all previously small industrial looking fluorescent tube lights. Last weekend I replaced two of them with standard halogen light fittings (Astro 0483 | Homefield 1 Light Outdoor Wall Light - https://www.oceanlighting.co.uk/garden-lights-c96/wall-lights-c101/astro-0483-homefield-1-light-outdoor-wall-light-black-ip44-p24102/s25350?gclid=CJzmzpLFydQCFUKx7Qod7oEC2g) and put a 40w vintage style halogen filament bulb in each and they worked fine. This weekend I replaced the other 3 lights with small 1w 240v LED lights and initially all the lights worked fine. The second time I turned them on the LEDs worked fine but the halogens were flickering for about 30 seconds before lighting up. The third time I went to use them the LED lights work fine but the halogen bulbs did not come on at all. I'm not sure whether replacing the filament bulbs with LED bulbs would solve this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
If they are wired as a string of lights (i.e. one supply cable into a light and then another cable to the next fitting and so on) I would go round the lights you replaced last and check for loose connections.

O

Octopus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Be very careful and make sure its isolated before you start meddling as it could be a poor connection on the neutral

Reply to LED & Halogen on same circuit - Halogens no longer work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom