Discuss LED Head torch batteries in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

R G

Has anybody thought of a decent battery pack for a head torch , I have tried a couple of cheapie head torches in the past ,but not good , I now have a Lenser which is good , but battery life is poor , runs on 3 x aaa batteries , just looking at the idea of a belt mounted battery pack with cable up to the back of the head torch , any ideas anyone , thanks ...

Just bought an olight h25 wave belt mounted pack which can charge usb devices. 3 levels of brightness, automatic sensor to turn on light where you wave your hand in front of light. Buts it's quite annoying as It turns on and off when you encounter something solid like a wall etc.
it does seem to get a bit hot if your using it for a full day which you can off 1 charge. Range is around 200mtr, I paid £100 from heinnie Hayes in Cardiff

Regards

I have the Lenser H7R.2 which is more or less exactly what you are after. It comes with a lithium ion battery pack that lives on the back of your head and recharges via a USB port. It takes 4xAAA if that runs out which I keep handy as a backup. With normal everyday use I probably only charge it once a week or less though.

I have the Lenser H7R.2 which is more or less exactly what you are after. It comes with a lithium ion battery pack that lives on the back of your head and recharges via a USB port. It takes 4xAAA if that runs out which I keep handy as a backup. With normal everyday use I probably only charge it once a week or less though.

Brilliant , I have the older type , I was thinking of making up something that would take makita battery and using the torch I already have , but wasn't sure how long a battery life the rechargeable version has ....

mine uses 2 13850s. ( i think that's right). last for ages on a charge. and it's a bloody bright light. i've had helicopters hovering over me, asking for landing instructions.

The head torch is a H7 Lenser , its very bright , the only down side is the battery life , I get about 8 hrs out of the 3 x AAA batteries , looking on line Lenser do rechargeable versions , I would like to use it for 6 to 8 hrs at a time , so I was wondering rather than replacing what I have , to use a rechargeable battery pack that could be used , that was my original thought , just wondered if any body else has managed it , I will probably go for the rechargeable version of the same make , thanks all..

Brilliant , I have the older type , I was thinking of making up something that would take makita battery and using the torch I already have , but wasn't sure how long a battery life the rechargeable version has ....
makita actually sell a headtorch that takes there 18v batteries.

i might buy one to mod my headtorch.

i have a lenser 7 and it lasts a long time, make sure to use good brand 800mah aaa batteries.

duracel stay charged batteries last ages.

i like the brightness slider on the back of the lensers

Just looked up the Makita , looks good and I already have the charger and batteries for cordless drills , can't seem to get much info on it though, e.g. light output etc , should be able to make some calls next week , thanks for that..

Just looked up the Makita , looks good and I already have the charger and batteries for cordless drills , can't seem to get much info on it though, e.g. light output etc , should be able to make some calls next week , thanks for that..
its quite good to be fair, the cable is a little short though. i have been meaning toto extend it

I ve got the old H7R and agree on full power it doesn't last very long, I recently purchased the new H14r2 which came with a lithium pack and on a similar power to the old h7s full power seems too last about 30 hours. It does only last about 6 hours on full power but is 10 times brighter than the old H7 I think the new H7 is 3 times brighter than the old H7 and should last longer than the old

I ve got the old H7R and agree on full power it doesn't last very long, I recently purchased the new H14r2 which came with a lithium pack and on a similar power to the old h7s full power seems too last about 30 hours. It does only last about 6 hours on full power but is 10 times brighter than the old H7 I think the new H7 is 3 times brighter than the old H7 and should last longer than the old
the h7 on full is too bright usually

I've had a led lensor h7r but I've now got the zebralight h602 which is a completely different animal goes a lot brighter last all day on one charge (1 x 13850 lithion battery equall to 4x AA ) Even on high. And it's lighter and easier to manage. Another spark I work with now has one too after swooping from a h7r . And it's also better than the h14

I've had a led lensor h7r but I've now got the zebralight h602 which is a completely different animal goes a lot brighter last all day on one charge (1 x 13850 lithion battery equall to 4x AA ) Even on high. And it's lighter and easier to manage. Another spark I work with now has one too after swooping from a h7r . And it's also better than the h14
the run time is terrible though

Light Output (runtimes)
High: H1 1090 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr) or H2 660 Lm (PID, approx 2.5 hrs) / 350 Lm (3.9 hrs) / 160 Lm (11 hrs)

ive had a look and its just a torch thats straps to your head

h602andheadband.jpg

thumbnail.asp

I think 160 lm for 11hrs is pretty good. Compared to h7r which on high would last about 2 hours. I tend to use medium setting of 90 lm this lasts for a couple of days with full use. And you say it's just a torch you strap to your head well isn't that what a head torch is.

I think 160 lm for 11hrs is pretty good. Compared to h7r which on high would last about 2 hours. I tend to use medium setting of 90 lm this lasts for a couple of days with full use. And you say it's just a torch you strap to your head well isn't that what a head torch is.
yes but here you are comparing low on the zebra to high on tge h7.

it would last at least 8-10 hours on half brightness which is more than good enough for most.

i find my h7 lasts weeks

Reply to LED Head torch batteries in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net