Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Led lamp still glowing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Good morning. I’m a apprentice electrician and I have done a job in my house changing a light. It’s a loop in system. I’ve put led G7 lamps in the new light however when I turn it off the lights still have a slight glow on them. I understand that this could die to leakage but is there anything else that it could be ? Any ideas on how to sort this will be greatly appreciated

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi - if the the lamps glow it’s likely because there is a small voltage present, so a couple of quick checks maybe? Confirm the fitting is earthed and the polarity is correct to the switch and the light (no floating line voltage at the fitting when it’s off :) ). After that it’s adding a load (capacitor or a neon maybe) or changing lamps as mentioned already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorted. One tested polarity and all good. No voltage between n+e and no voltage at light when off. Changed one of the lamps and problem solved. Must have been a faulty lamp !!! Very strange.
Thanks everyone for your help

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
The led lamps have electronics inside and could have a capacitor that holds a little charge for a while after the switch is off

Reply to Led lamp still glowing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom