Discuss Led light on 24/7 in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dimak67

DIY
Reaction score
I have a hallway led light that’s on 24/7 there is no switch to the light it’s wired in to be permanently on, I assume as a night light. is it safe to be on 24/7.

Can you show a pic of it. Is this a private dwelling, sheltered housing?
its a private dwelling, pic attached but light not on as I’ve taken bulb out.

Attachments

• Led light on 24/7 B3B7FE81-9138-4C5F-B8FC-250FD3F84C27 - EletriciansForums.net
    B3B7FE81-9138-4C5F-B8FC-250FD3F84C27.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • Led light on 24/7 3B8F128F-6F47-4F7A-BF00-AC95ECB552D1 - EletriciansForums.net
    3B8F128F-6F47-4F7A-BF00-AC95ECB552D1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
They have either replaced a fire detector with the light fitting, or there is a switch somewhere.
You can see the cable under the render in the ceiling, see if you can trace it out.

They have either replaced a fire detector with the light fitting, or there is a switch somewhere.
You can see the cable under the render in the ceiling, see if you can trace it out.

That's not render, it's wallpaper, and what looks like the cable will be a crack in the ceiling above the wallpaper.

ar a guess......could be that that light is connected to a loft light and the switch is in the loft. the LED light is on to show that the loftlight has been left on .

That's not render, it's wallpaper, and what looks like the cable will be a crack in the ceiling above the wallpaper.
Yes cable is in the loft and it goes to a box where other down lights for kitchen and bathroom but obviously those have a switch. I f
ive traced wire that Is in loft and it goes into an outside wall never to be seen again, I got an electrician to look into it and he was baffled he believed the wire that goes into the outside wall is also connected to an outside light one of Them sensor ones that go on and of at night when someone approaches.

Reply to Led light on 24/7 in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock