Discuss LED lighting Mains and 12volt DC on same circuit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Donald99

DIY
Reaction score
Hello
I have recently moved home and I looking to upgrade lighting across the house to LED.

In the kitchen I have found that there is installed a mains powered lighting circuit which serves five LED lamps (surface mounted and recessed) Included within the same circuit is a junction box into which is wired a transformer which takes the 240v mains to 12v DC and powers two LED additional triangular under cupboard lights. All works well when the light switch is turned on ( 2 gang - 1 way - with one gang serving the under cupboard lights and the other the LED ceiling lights). All the lights appear to work well when left on and there are no issues with flickering or any other interference. However, sometimes when the under cupboards are turned off there is a very brief flicker as they go out. This flicker does not seem to affect the two LED lights working from the 12v DC transformer.

Please would forum members advise if there are any issues with this scenario and if anyone could let me know why this is happening I would be appreciative.

Thank you
David

I don’t think you have anything to worry about based on your description.

The thread title does sound troubling, but what you have are all 230v devices.
No issue. But there might be some minute discharge from the transformers causing the slight flash.

The thread title does sound troubling, but what you have are all 230v devices.
No issue. But there might be some minute discharge from the transformers causing the slight flash.
Thank you for your reply & the additional information about the discharge from the transformer.

Reply to LED lighting Mains and 12volt DC on same circuit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net