Discuss LED PIR Flood lights (25 characters) in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

stuarth

-
Arms
Reaction score
Can any one recommend a good quality LED PIR floodlight, I need two for a job coming up soon.

The timeguard range with single or twin heads are really good quality, they have a higher purchase price but ‘buy once but right’, right?

I’ve never had a problem with the various Luceco ones. Slim design and good light output for their size

We've started to sell a lot of ESP's Nighthawk. Very well priced, look good and with a 3 year warranty. You can buy individual units to work off their own PIR or buy one Nighthawk and link the NH-150 slave units.

Nighthawk - ESP NightHawk LED Low Energy LED Security Light (NIGHTHAWK) - https://www.electrical2go.co.uk/nighthawk-low-energy-security-light-with-pir.html

KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
  • 1100 lumen output, 50,000 hours LED life
  • Low energy 12.7w maximum power consumption
  • 160 degree PIR detector and Wide spread illumination up to 120 degree
  • Adjustable on time of 5 secs to 5 mins
  • Adjustable lux – dusk to dark
  • Additional switching capability – 50W LED – 500W halogen
  • Ideal for use with up to four NH150LED floodlights
  • Weather proof, suitable for external use IP55 rated

Cheers,
Ivan

Last edited:
1. Observing the power factor of LED floodlight, the lower the power factor, the lower the driving power and circuit design of LED floodlight is, which will greatly reduce the service life of LED floodlight.
2. Look at the quality of LED floodlight, because the quality of lamp directly determines the quality of LED floodlight, and the quality of lamp also determines the quality of chip and packaging technology.
3. Look at the efficiency of LED floodlights. If LED floodlights use the same bead, the higher the light efficiency, the higher the brightness. If the lighting brightness is the same, the less power consumption, the LED floodlights are more energy saving.
4. Looking at the heat dissipation of LED floodlights, if the bead is in high temperature, the light decay will become very large, which will shorten the life of LED floodlights and affect the lighting effect of LED floodlights.

I’ve never had a problem with the various Luceco ones. Slim design and good light output for their size
funny that. i fitted 2 luceco ones ( bought by customer from b&q ) about 18 months ago. both have failed. PIRs click on and off but no light. i generally fit ansell. never had any failures.

funny that. i fitted 2 luceco ones ( bought by customer from b&q ) about 18 months ago. both have failed. PIRs click on and off but no light. i generally fit ansell. never had any failures.

I did see on the screwfix review page for the PIR 22W ones they got a bit of a hammering for reliability. I have never had a problem with the ones I’ve got from my wholesaler so wonder if they had an early bad batch that went out to all the DIY’s

Reply to LED PIR Flood lights (25 characters) in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock