Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss LED PIR flood with override in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Any one have any recommendations? Don’t really want one where you have to flick on and off multiple times to override.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I've only ever seen LED floods pre flexed with 3 core Lee, sometimes 2 core for Class 2 versions. It's an annoyance when they don't give you a proper override wiring option, I'll sometimes use a seperate PIR and you can also run more than one light from it or interlink with more PIRs if required.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
I have seen several led lights with built in pir that do just what you want.
often they have a 3 core flex pre made into the enclosure but if you look inside there is a 4 way terminal block with L N E + sw L inside so you can link them together.
I have not got the makes and models to hand but it is common and you often don't know its there without reading the instructions.

P.s. I know we don't read them much but there is often something usefull in there.

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Well why don't they fit the correct flex in the first place where that's been designed in, half baked manufacturing !

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Well why don't they fit the correct flex in the first place where that's been designed in, half baked manufacturing !
I half agree,
many diy peeps will be confused about the 4th wire and either just chop it off or leave it floating
and for 90% of installs its not required.

for most of my jobs, I have to replace the flex as it is too short anyway.
who wants a junction box within a foot (300mm to the young ones) of the light when most of the time within 6ft there is somewhere to wire it into.

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ve reflexed them in the past and used a wago in the back of the fitting but most half decent fittings seem to be sealed.

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
I think CP Electronics have sensors that may offer something your after. We have a room with one of their sensors, where you can press a push to make switch, which also activates the rooms lighting. Never had the sensor down, to see what type it is. Give their technical a ring, found them most helpful.

was thinking of this one really, have used before and seem ok.
wont let me post a link ... but first one in led pir
Post automatically merged:

tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFL10PIRCW.html
stick www in front , it wont let me post a link

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to LED PIR flood with override in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom