Discuss LED PIR flood with override in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've only ever seen LED floods pre flexed with 3 core Lee, sometimes 2 core for Class 2 versions. It's an annoyance when they don't give you a proper override wiring option, I'll sometimes use a seperate PIR and you can also run more than one light from it or interlink with more PIRs if required.

I have seen several led lights with built in pir that do just what you want.
often they have a 3 core flex pre made into the enclosure but if you look inside there is a 4 way terminal block with L N E + sw L inside so you can link them together.
I have not got the makes and models to hand but it is common and you often don't know its there without reading the instructions.

P.s. I know we don't read them much but there is often something usefull in there.

Well why don't they fit the correct flex in the first place where that's been designed in, half baked manufacturing !

I half agree,
many diy peeps will be confused about the 4th wire and either just chop it off or leave it floating
and for 90% of installs its not required.

for most of my jobs, I have to replace the flex as it is too short anyway.
who wants a junction box within a foot (300mm to the young ones) of the light when most of the time within 6ft there is somewhere to wire it into.

was thinking of this one really, have used before and seem ok.
wont let me post a link ... but first one in led pir
[automerge]1567155235[/automerge]
tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFL10PIRCW.html
stick www in front , it wont let me post a link

That Timeguard one has the most comprehensive instructions I've ever seen! usually it says "To mains the be connection doing, at best for it, you can." With a crappy wee diagram that's illegible.
This Timeguard one even shows you which way to turn the screwdriver to tighten the mounting screws! (5.7) and you also get a Knob Adjuster, 8.3...

Any one have any recommendations? Don’t really want one where you have to flick on and off multiple times to override.
I'm a big fan of Brackenheath, Lee. At the top end, price wise, but they do them with a good microwave sensor....about a 300 degree pick up.
LED PIR flood with override IMG_2081.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Any one have any recommendations? Don’t really want one where you have to flick on and off multiple times to override.
Philips do a new one with remote control, you can set all the settings via remote and manually over ride it from remote too. can adjust sensitivity, lux etc and brightness too. they have it kew electrical was about £30. a few weeks back
philips remote control pir light

Reply to LED PIR flood with override in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock