Discuss LED sequential strip in car, problem! in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

bydoniek

DIY
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a noobie playing around with the car. It makes me so happy to take things apart but with no knowledge I most of the times struggle to put it back together lol.

Anyway, decided to instal a strip inside my headlight. I hooked it up into standard H4 turn signal cables and the flow isn’t smooth as it supposed to. I did use the 50W 8 ohm resistor but still this happens.

View: https://youtu.be/pTvPS0bdXQc

Do you think that its a wrong resistor and if so, could you advise me what resistor should I use?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• LED sequential strip in car, problem! 7EE3F661-F543-41C9-8D96-29CE78A32A90 - EletriciansForums.net
    7EE3F661-F543-41C9-8D96-29CE78A32A90.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 2
If the resistor comes with the pack, I don’t think that’s the problem.
It seems to work sometimes on the video, but not always and no pattern to the fault.
Intermittent.
I am thinking bad connection. Maybe not in your work, but inside the unit somewhere??
Could you test it on a bench?
Is the original indicator still in situ?

The resistor did not come together, I purchased it elsewhere going through some threads and unfortunately, I do not have the original indicator.
How should I test it if I may ask? I will do that over the weekend

You would need a 12v battery or power supply, and give power to each input line.
Was there instructions with the kit?
However, newer cars can be difficult as the lights are controlled through a computer and it may not be as simple as just connecting it up.

Reply to LED sequential strip in car, problem! in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock