Discuss LED strip in shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m in the process of installing an en suite with a shower enclosure. I’ve created a recess inside the shower which will be fully tiled and sealed with moisture board behind.

I’d like to put an LED strip on the rear underside of the recess. What’s the best way to make this as safe as possible? I appreciate water and electric don’t mix so want to make this as safe as possible.

My thoughts were IP65 rated LED strip encapsulated in a housing of some sort with the wires completely behind all tiling and within the void space between the walls then fed up into the loft.

I’d be grateful for your views?

Cheers

Built into the tile trim is one way? It will be 12 or 24v selv source ...... There are proprietary products available.
Supply to led driver 230v RCD proteced.

701.55 (i) says it has to be suitable for that use according to the manufacturers instructions - so buy carefully!

Reply to LED strip in shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, We have an RGB led strip behind a tiled wall , and lights a little shelf in the shower area. The RGB strip has become faulty probably...
Replies
Views
I am trying to put some led light strips under the fenders of my fat tire E-bike. I’ve been looking at led light strips on Amazon, AliExpress and...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had an electrician fit a new set of led recessed ceilings lights in my bathroom including one which is in my shower cubical. When he has...
Replies
Views
Hi, First post here - so be kind! I'm looking for some advice about the best option for a bathroom LED strip installation. I'm based in Spain...
Replies
Views
I've taken the mirror off my parents' bathroom wall as they've asked me to paint it (full disclaimer on quality issued to them!). It's one of the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock