Discuss LED strip light bathroom instal in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I want to install an led strip light under my bath panel. I have purchased an IP67 rated light but now I need to power it. I was planning on channeling up the wall to the loft where I have a power strip I can plug into, I will then be sealing this channel and tiling over it to seal back. Is this allowed or not? If you have any other suggestions then please let me know. I do have a power plug directly outside the bathroom which I could plug into instead, I was just thinking the higher the better.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Does ‘under’ mean behind when you are talking about the panel.
Will it require tools to remove?
What voltage is the LED strip.

Why would you want to do this.

Thanks for the questions.

The bath panel has a recessed lip at bottom so I was going to stick the lights underneath that (zone1). The room is 2000mm long and the bath is 1700mm, so I am building a storage unit to bath highet which the cable will pass through until it reaches the wall, it will then travel up the channel in the wall (zone 2)which is 2300mm and through the ceiling into a power socket in the loft. The power socket is rigged to the upstairs power ring and protected back at the board.

The LeD lights are 12V 2AMP

Why am I doing this? Fair question. Purely just to have a different light style in the room, a nice to have, if I can do it then I will put it in as others have done but if I can’t I will do without!

Cheers

I have attached a photo of the end of the bath and then the area where I am going to make a small storage unit and then it will proceed up that wall.

E6FE9ED7-9D98-49A3-87AD-1C294C9B0F23.jpeg

I suppose the loft option is best, as the electric will be going down hill to the light, so you can use a smaller cable . Oh sorry, forgot the neutral will have to go up hill.

R
I suppose the loft option is best, as the electric will be going down hill to the light, so you can use a smaller cable . Oh sorry, forgot the neutral will have to go up hill.
Reminds me of when I told my son to get the outside Lane in a swimming gala as it was slightly more down hill than the other lanes. ;)

Reply to LED strip light bathroom instal in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net