Discuss Led strip lighting issues in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had issues with Fans on the same lighting Cct as LED strip lights. I have a job where the fan mech on the
the next switch down on the same light Cct turns a LED strip on and off when running through the Fan speeds. Its not a switched active and the fan and strip have not been wired together accidently these avenues have been explored

Any help or advise greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi all.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had issues with Fans on the same lighting Cct as LED strip lights. I have a job where the fan mech on the
the next switch down on the same light Cct turns a LED strip on and off when running through the Fan speeds. Its not a switched active and the fan and strip have not been wired together accidently these avenues have been explored

Any help or advise greatly appreciated

Thanks
What I have found is that when the fan is wired in 3 core and earth the permanent live induces a small voltage on the switched live this "charges up" the led which when the voltage is high enough makes the LED flash. I think it is this discharge that has just enough power to kick - in the timer on the fan.
In UK you can buy a "resistive load" which will deal with this induced voltage. It is sometimes called a snubber. (Trade name "Danlers Resload". You can also fit an incandescent lamp but this defeats the object of having LED !

Reply to Led strip lighting issues in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
As the title says. But then I cut off a jst connection off one of the light strips and I can't get them to work together... the one strip is plug...
Replies
Views
Wanting to add 2 strips of led lights down each side of underneath of the stairs, I have a socket I can spur off, into a fused switch, been...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Please can I have some help with the following: I want to have some perimeter lighting in the ceiling which will be using the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a new bathroom fan. We had an electrician who ran 14/3 into a junction box. The black feeds a led light and the red was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock