Discuss LED Strip Lighting Requirements in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some advice on what would be required for LED Strip lighting in my kitchen. The electrician ran cables from all the points (4) to the light switch. After looking online, I think I will need the following, and the electrician be able to connect it in the following manner:

RGB Strip lighting

Transformer (80w)

LED Driver (with remote)

Connectors for LED strip to 3core

Connect the Transformer to a plug under the counters and then the LED Driver, then connect these to cables and use the light switch as a circuit breaker for entire loop. Image shows my kitchen layout with cables and strip lighting.

upload_2018-10-29_11-37-50.png

Will the above work?

Thanks

yes however check you driver is compatible and can handle the load, might also need to check the voltage drop as you have quite a large circuit to run off just the one.
you might find it better to use an extra couple, (1 at each point?)

1 driver isn't a good idea ...................... I hate to say this but ask a spark ?
I do plan on getting a spark to fitt them, but they seem a lot cheaper online than in the stores. So ideally wanting to buy the bulk of what I need online first. Thats my logic in reaching out here first

I do plan on getting a spark to fitt them, but they seem a lot cheaper online than in the stores. So ideally wanting to buy the bulk of what I need online first. Thats my logic in reaching out here first

If you let the electrician buy the equipment then he/she will replace any faulty goods, within the warranty period.
If you buy the equipment then you are responsible for changing any goods that go faulty.

He inst replying to my calls or texts atm. So bit of a nightmare! I don't mind if I need multiple transformers, I just want them ran off 1 remote and 1 switch

He/she would have had a plan when they did the wiring for this. Wait till they get back to you.
If you need another electrician quick, to do the work, then ask them which is the best way they want it done, as they will be signing this work off and not us.

Speak to spark first .............. before you buy ............. is my advice

There's nothing worse than being handed a kit of parts and having no input into the purchase - then the customer gets charged more for wasting my time ...........

Reply to LED Strip Lighting Requirements in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net