Discuss LED strip lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Judd

-
Reaction score
Im after some LED strip lighting for a garden project but I'm getting lost in a sea LED strip lights everywhere, prices seem to range from a few hundred to over £1000 for the kit i require, can anyone recommend a reputable seller?
Thanks

try Tagra in Manchester. they do bespoke designs to whatever you want.
https://www.------------/tagralighting/

Show some pictures of your garden, I will recommend you some suitable led strip lights.
You, as a nonprofessional person, main problem is you do not know how to choose the suitable product, for example, output voltage, waterproof level, length, lighting color and light effort etc....
Which caused the wrong matching and choice, price too high...

Buy from a reputable manufacturer! Especially for outdoor lighting, it can be an absolute pain when things go wrong. Unfortunately, there is so many cheap, imported products on the market that people can often get poor quality. You need to consider the longevity of the installation, especially with IP rated products. As an example, the silicon can discolour on cheaper products and you will very quickly find the colour changes quite dramatically along a short section of strip.

There are plenty of reputable UK companies...LedFlex, Orlight, Tagra, Tryka, LEDs C4...

It is a matter of cost and effect

If you take the effect at the first side, you have to give the diagram for the consulting.
If you have the budget on the cost, you have to calculate the total qty of the strip light you need, and the warranty the clients want, and also make the right solution to cater the budget.
For the garden projects, the strip light can be damaged in the reasons:
1. The UV can make the silicone tube become yellow because of the bad quality silicone tube
2. There is lighting decay and dead diodes after a few months because the quality of the chips is not good
3. There is water leak because of the improper installation and improper sealing of the strip light end caps
4. The silicone tube can be fragile after the cold winter, it can be broken after 1-2 years

My suggestion is to choose the right type of the strip light from reputatable companies in the local market, either than choosing the brand which you do not trust.
Economic Solution: SMD 2835 LED Strip Light 60LEDs/M DC12V/24V 7-12W/M IP65 Silicone Tube
Stable Solution: SMD 5050 LED Strip Light 60LEDs/M DC12V/24V 14.4W/M IP65 Silicone Tube

Reply to LED strip lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock