Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss LED Strip RGBW - How to split for parallel wiring? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm looking to install some LED lighting strips to light some display shelving.
It will consist of one driver going to a controller which will then be split into 8 x 1m length strips.

I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea on how to split the power from the controller to each strip i.e. which connectors/junction boxes.

Thanks

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Sintra

Admin
Supporter
Are the 8 x 1M strips end to end or is there a distance between them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not end to end. Driver and controller to be fairly central in my shelving cabinet, then 8 individual strips to be powered. They are all pretty much equal distance from the controller.

Sintra

Admin
Supporter
Are the led strips pre wired with a length of cable? As LED strips are normally all connected in parallel from a constant voltage driver then all you need is a cable from the controller to a junction box. From the junction box connect the cables from the led strips using wagos and matching the core colours eg. red to red etc. If you need more than 1 junction box then join together using the same method.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The strips will not be pre-wired as I would need to cut from a reel and make the wire connections.
I was thinking about using Wago connectors, I have used 222 Wago in the past but they are only 3 way and wasnt sure sure to split it 8 ways. I assume the purpose of the junction box (i.e. wagobox) is just to house all the Wago connectors and they can be daisy chained off for additional connections?

Reply to LED Strip RGBW - How to split for parallel wiring? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom