Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss LED Strip RGBW - How to split for parallel wiring? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm looking to install some LED lighting strips to light some display shelving.
It will consist of one driver going to a controller which will then be split into 8 x 1m length strips.

I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea on how to split the power from the controller to each strip i.e. which connectors/junction boxes.

Thanks

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not end to end. Driver and controller to be fairly central in my shelving cabinet, then 8 individual strips to be powered. They are all pretty much equal distance from the controller.

Sintra

Admin
Supporter
Are the led strips pre wired with a length of cable? As LED strips are normally all connected in parallel from a constant voltage driver then all you need is a cable from the controller to a junction box. From the junction box connect the cables from the led strips using wagos and matching the core colours eg. red to red etc. If you need more than 1 junction box then join together using the same method.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The strips will not be pre-wired as I would need to cut from a reel and make the wire connections.
I was thinking about using Wago connectors, I have used 222 Wago in the past but they are only 3 way and wasnt sure sure to split it 8 ways. I assume the purpose of the junction box (i.e. wagobox) is just to house all the Wago connectors and they can be daisy chained off for additional connections?

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to LED Strip RGBW - How to split for parallel wiring? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom