Discuss LED Strip RGBW - How to split for parallel wiring? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pandaman

DIY
Reaction score
I'm looking to install some LED lighting strips to light some display shelving.
It will consist of one driver going to a controller which will then be split into 8 x 1m length strips.

I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea on how to split the power from the controller to each strip i.e. which connectors/junction boxes.

Thanks

Are the 8 x 1M strips end to end or is there a distance between them?

Not end to end. Driver and controller to be fairly central in my shelving cabinet, then 8 individual strips to be powered. They are all pretty much equal distance from the controller.

Are the led strips pre wired with a length of cable? As LED strips are normally all connected in parallel from a constant voltage driver then all you need is a cable from the controller to a junction box. From the junction box connect the cables from the led strips using wagos and matching the core colours eg. red to red etc. If you need more than 1 junction box then join together using the same method.

The strips will not be pre-wired as I would need to cut from a reel and make the wire connections.
I was thinking about using Wago connectors, I have used 222 Wago in the past but they are only 3 way and wasnt sure sure to split it 8 ways. I assume the purpose of the junction box (i.e. wagobox) is just to house all the Wago connectors and they can be daisy chained off for additional connections?

Reply to LED Strip RGBW - How to split for parallel wiring? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock