Discuss Led strip supplier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markthespark

Hello I am looking at installing some LED strips in my own house and I have found a website that seems to do them for cheap. It's a Chinese website but looks quite decent.

The ones I've installed before from electrical wholesalers has cost a lot of money over £200.

I figured that even the ones from UK wholesalers are made in china so might be worth giving these ones ago.

My question is has anyone ordered from this site?

[NOPARSE]www.ledlightingsave.com[/NOPARSE]

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never ordered from the site you mentioned, But I'd be cautious about using cheap Chinese gear, It may not end up being that cheap,
Aurora's LED Strip isn't that costly, Or you could try Collingwood.

Ansell strip lighting isn't that dear. It's about £18 for an 18w (the longest), and the smallest is £9 for a 3w. You can just plug them in to each other to get the required length.

only worked with Chinese eBay seller 50w floods supplied by a client, the pre wired flex was very fine, I'd guess less than .5mm2, and the 2 PIR ones were slowly strobing the other bright sunny day, only up this year too.

The client bragged at the time how great a bargain he got, now he says, sure Chinese ones, that's why they're so cheap. Unless it's branded and Google searchable I'd never buy it, to me there's just too much junk made in China, that people forget about when they see the big name companies make their stuff in China, but those companies have a very high Quality Control standard, the rest of the stuff is mostly dirt, like the iPhone cables at £2-5 that work for an hour then pack in.

Thanks for the replies I agree with what everyone has said most stuff from China is garbage.

Ive been searching online and an electronics expert has compared the cheap strips to the decent ones. The main thing is the cheap ones are made with thin copper so the voltage drop is higher so they fade out at the end.

Ive put a small order in as I want to see for myself. I've ordered a 5m RGBW IP rated, wall controller, and 120watt driver it came to £50 plus £20 postage.

I did email the company with my concerns and they ensured me that they product quality stuff so I'm going to take a risk.

Ill keep you all updated.

thanks

I agree most stuff is probably made in China but I would only ever go via my local wholesaler as when it packs up I can take it back.

That is one of my reasons for buying from my local wholesaler regardless of whether something is cheaper online. I can walk in to the branch and speak to a real person about any problems, and I know that they have product on the shelves should I need replacements

Yeah I totally agree with what you are saying I usually prefer the wholesalers for the reasons you state but as its on my own house and they are expensive, I want to see if they are any good. I've been assured they are decent quality but obviously can't take their word for it, so I've put a small order in. All their products are RoHs and CE approved.

Reply to Led strip supplier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net