Discuss LED Tube light fitting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello!

Hope you’re all keeping well!

I’m replacing a fluorescent tube light which had an electronic ballast fitting - I’ve ripped this out and plan on fitting an LED tube instead.

There’s two wires coming out the either end fittings - do I just twist these together and put them in a block and then connect the feed to it or is there another way I should be doing this?

Thanks!

TL;DR
How do i rewire a tube fitting when replacing a tube light which had an electronic ballast?

Attachments

• 62CA897C-2B2E-42C2-91BD-AF659AB40C26.jpeg
    690.5 KB · Views: 13
Hello!

Hope you’re all keeping well!

I’m replacing a fluorescent tube light which had an electronic ballast fitting - I’ve ripped this out and plan on fitting an LED tube instead.

There’s two wires coming out the either end fittings - do I just twist these together and put them in a block and then connect the feed to it or is there another way I should be doing this?

Thanks!
Your Question is a little vague? I presume you had a Fluorescent Light Batten fitting, and you have removed all the internal gear to allow a LED tube to be fitted. They are all different, the energiser LED tubes have L & N go to one end of the lamp, So the two wires the other end to keep tidy, you would put each one into a separate connector block or even better a Wago connector. Make sure the Earth wires are still all properly connected in the relevant terminal.

The energiser LED I have doesn’t have L & N written on either end so I wasn’t sure if it needed to be connected on both ends or just one, assuming just one side as you said if I insert it the wrong way round would it blow the tube? Or does it work both ways? The earth goes into the same block as the L/N I assume :) Thanks

There are some excellent videos on YouTube on how to replace tubes with LED ones and how to modify all sorts of old fittings and EM lights to accept new LED lamps etc
Well worth spending 25 mins looking on YouTube

There are some excellent videos on YouTube on how to replace tubes with LED ones and how to modify all sorts of old fittings and EM lights to accept new LED lamps etc
Well worth spending 25 mins looking on YouTube

I had a look but all of them are American. Thought I’d ask here in case it’s any different.

Can you clarify the concern in my last post? I have an energiser tube

Last edited:

Reply to LED Tube light fitting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net