Discuss LED Tubes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kzzam

I have recently relamped an office with retrofit LED tubes, the fittings now have no gear and are wired just live one end and neutral the other. The 6A breaker trips on ooccasion but the circuit current is less than an amp. Where do I stand on insulation testing the circuit do I need to remove the tubes or not?

If you don't then you'll be testing the rectifier built into the tube. LEDs work on DC not AC so you might just have line and neutral in the fitting but something must change that to DC. If the 6A mcb didn't trip with the fluorescents then I'd guess a cables been nipped or theres a faulty tube. Hope you find it quickly as untraceables are a pain espescially on a friday night!!

Reply to LED Tubes in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! Hope you’re all keeping well! I’m replacing a fluorescent tube light which had an electronic ballast fitting - I’ve ripped this out and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I should start by saying I'm not sure I'm in the right place here (this isn't a householder issue - I'm making a Ghostbusters...
Replies
Views
I just wondered if anyone else has seen LED tubes do this (2 different fittings) I’m assuming this is a bad batch as this is apparently the 3rd...
Replies
Views
Hi all, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Went to do some work at a factory unit on Monday ( changed 20 florries to LED battens and changed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock