• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Led in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Yo elec tec bulbs and couplers.

anyone done and jobs recently in fitting out shops with leds ,

do you think a 1200 x 300 led panel would replace a
2 x 35w t5 ?

how accurate is the data sheets to actual installing them?

if you can add to this post , be my guest . Ty from a well trained spark⬅️➡️⬆️⬇️

Led {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

LEDs and T5 tubes tend to have very similar lm/W output.
However the make of the LEDs does affect this.
Usually efficiency is about 80-100 lm/W.
Therefore if your LED panel is about 70W then it should be comparable to the 2X35W T5.
However the panel may actually be somewhat brighter depending on the fitting design as the tubes will direct light in 360 degrees and the LEDs in 180 degrees.

We have installed a lot of led retrofit lately and find the LED panels 600x600 are much lighter than the fittings replaced (T8) so would expect the LED panel to out perform the T5 tubes too. Just buy quality not some random make.

According to the info I'd guess the LED panel is going to be considerably brighter. The 5000K colour temp means they're on the cool white side so they might appear a bit brighter than any existing fittings with a warmer colour temperature.

A couple of questions, can an appliance or light fitting carry two different IP ratings? First time I've see that but I may just not have noticed it before. Secondly what's that symbol at the bottom of the sticker next to the classII symbol and the 'don't throw in the dustbin' symbol?

UKM, Marvo, that would be my interpretation too.
I've just never seen a single pre-assembled electrical item claim 2 different IP ratings, I didn't even realise there was a provision to do this. I'll dig out the IEC60259 code if I've got time tomorrow when I'm on my work PC.

So how is this different to the domestic immersion heater, or even most bathroom plastic fittings that have a nice plastic dome on them below, but conduit holes in the face that faces the ceiling?

So how is this different to the domestic immersion heater, or even most bathroom plastic fittings that have a nice plastic dome on them below, but conduit holes in the face that faces the ceiling?

Think this is the manufacturer covering their "rear" stating that the SELV unit needs to be out out of zones. Good point though.

Reply to Led in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net