Discuss Leeds Vs Castleford Wembley in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up my tickets yesterday, shirt ironed, car fueled up and WE ARE OFF TO WEMBLEY :willy_nilly:

Should be a great game and maybe a modern day classic. Both teams will give it 100% just to have the bragging rights within our local area, Cas fans will be drowning their sorrows tonight though :smilewinkgrin:

Any on else going? You cant miss me, I'm the one with the mohican! Yes thats correct, I've shaved my head and got a mohican :Mr-T: Post up a picture later so you lot can have a laugh. And yes I do look like a right ---.

Predicted score from me is Leeds 26 Cas 16 and Paul M on his back in Headingley by midnight lol.

Great news Paul, good luck mate, I don't know much about your version of the greatest game on earth but occassionally watch some league on the TV, and From what I remember Leeds were not the best side :grin:

We will win this time. Last we lifted the cup was 1999 at the old Wembley, that was a fantastic day out, hope this one will be.

What do you think to my new hair cut????

20140823_084300.jpg

Yep I look a complete..................

Very handsome lol

Dying it blue once we get there, setting off soon has Mrs M is finished getting ready. Why do women take sssooooo long in the bathroom?

M1 southbound is not going to busy at all this morning lol. 70,000 Yorkshire folk in one stadium.

Your book it's upside down so we know you ain't reading it

Lol, not reading up about EM lighting this morning. Everything has been put on hold until Tuesday. Time for a break.

Any Trainees reading this, I'll sort out the Competition tomorrow once the hang over is out of the way :rofl:

With all the yawnion topics on here I thought I was the only league supporter on here ...at least this makes 2 of us...

And to save tel time...the other 2 should be the out there somewhere...ha ha

We will win this time. Last we lifted the cup was 1999 at the old Wembley, that was a fantastic day out, hope this one will be.
The "we" thing just doesn't do it for me. An anathema might be a better description.
Perhaps more so for football. The "we" are a vociferous and, at times, an acrimonious crowd who take no part in the game. The notion that "we won" claimed by spectators in person or in front of a television seems nonsensical to me.

That said, I do hope you enjoy your day out.
Tomorrow, I'll have a beer, sit back, and witch the F1 Belgian grand prix.
It is renowned for changeable weather conditions and that sorts out the men from the boys.

A chacun son goût.

With all the yawnion topics on here I thought I was the only league supporter on here ...at least this makes 2 of us...

And to save tel time...the other 2 should be the out there somewhere...ha ha
I watch it occassionally when on the TV, lets put it this way I wouldn't switch over to a footie match even though League isn't my first game, well done Leeds, at last some success, especially after Leeds took a 62-19 hammering in union last week at Glos :grin:

The "we" thing just doesn't do it for me. An anathema might be a better description.
Perhaps more so for football. The "we" are a vociferous and, at times, an acrimonious crowd who take no part in the game. The notion that "we won" claimed by spectators in person or in front of a television seems nonsensical to me.

The "we" bit does apply in any sports. If it was not for the supporters and fans buying team shirts and tickets, the team/club would not exist. Club uses the money in training, coaches, management, players and improving the grounds. With this the team/club get sponsorships and more money to build upon, just look at Man U, Man City. On the reverse side of the coin look at Bradford bulls with bad management they lost money, sold players and are at the bottom of the table when only 2 years ago they were one of the best teams in the world (and that is from me, a Rhino's fan!!!)

Fans and supporters are a big part of any team and no team in the world would survive without "us".

Yes I had a great day out thanks. Going to the team party at Headingley later on.

The "we" bit does apply in any sports. If it was not for the supporters and fans buying team shirts and tickets, the team/club would not exist.
I'm not in any way shape or form disputing that.
No supporters, viewers or fans, no sponsors, no sport.
I like F1. As do millions of others. If I and the millions of others stopped watching it, it would cease to exist. It, like other professional sports, is a business. And, it like other businesses, needs customers. No customers, no business.

I'm pleased that Daniel Riccardo won today. But it was he, not we.

Reply to Leeds Vs Castleford Wembley in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net