Discuss Level 2 (2330 206 Practical Exam) Help / Advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

critch

Hi Guys,

I have my 206 Practical Exam tomorrow and ive got a couple of things im a little unsure about and was hoping to get some advice on the bits im not 100% sure or confident with.

First of all when your doing this exam do you have to preform the dead tests on the circuit once complete and fill out the test form??

How hard is it to do the 90 degree bend and thread the steel conduit as i missed this lesson in college?

And finally how far apart do the saddles for the steel and plastic conduit need to be?

Im a little unsure with the SWA but i have brought some home and a gland to get some practice in before i go and the isolater it goes into im guessing its just L N E.

Any help and advice for this exam would help me so much and i would appreciate it so much.

Thanks in advance guys.

Phill

if you do a search on the internet you will probabley manage the 90degree bend but its the offset you will struggle with there was a post on here with a guide attached that might help you. and yes you have to do all dead tests .. insulation ressistance, continuity of earth conductor and its highest impedance (R2) and continuity of line (R1) and continuity of neutral (Rn) when you do the line conductor at your light fitting repeat with each switch opened/closed etc, for polarity.

im sure others will advise you better as i have mine on thursday.....

Hi Guys,

I have my 206 Practical Exam tomorrow and ive got a couple of things im a little unsure about and was hoping to get some advice on the bits im not 100% sure or confident with.

First of all when your doing this exam do you have to preform the dead tests on the circuit once complete and fill out the test form?? i would say so. safe isolation is the most important.

How hard is it to do the 90 degree bend and thread the steel conduit as i missed this lesson in college? not too hard. comes with practice

And finally how far apart do the saddles for the steel and plastic conduit need to be? for steel, 300mm from boxes/bends, 1m apart on straight runs. for pvc, i recommend 60cm spacing.

Im a little unsure with the SWA but i have brought some home and a gland to get some practice in before i go and the isolater it goes into im guessing its just L N E.

Any help and advice for this exam would help me so much and i would appreciate it so much.

Thanks in advance guys.

Phill

my comments in red

I didnt have to do an off set in my 206
just a 90 bend at the ceiling with a two way lighting circuit
the plastic had an rfc in it going round a few bends etc.
and a radial swa terminating in an isolator
then test it all and fill out paper work.

Whats this offset?? Like i said i miss the lessons on steel conduit and that the bit im a bit worried about. A 90 degree bend and threading i think ill be able to do just by common sense really.

Also what paper work is it you need to fill out just so i can get the last bit of revision in before tomorrow.

like a step i suppose if you have 5 mm spacer bar saddles and your conduit hole is 5mm from the wall as well no offset but if your hole was 25mm from the wall you would need a 20mm offset?(taking spacer bar into account) so you bend 1 way and bend back parallel the other way to take account of this.

As far as i am aware i dont think we need to do one of them but i cannot be 100% sure.

I think its just a case of a 90 Degree angle in the steel conduit going from the light switch on the wall up to the light above for the 2 way lighting.

Im not sure if its 2 way 2 lamps or 2 way 1 lamp but ill just revise for everything incase its not what im expecting.

Anyone know what 2way lighting circuit they ask you to do i was expecting 2 way 2 lamps Loop in ceiling rose method Conventional.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as i am aware i dont think we need to do one of them but i cannot be 100% sure.

I think its just a case of a 90 Degree angle in the steel conduit going from the light switch on the wall up to the light above for the 2 way lighting.

Im not sure if its 2 way 2 lamps or 2 way 1 lamp but ill just revise for everything incase its not what im expecting.

Anyone know what 2way lighting circuit they ask you to do i was expecting 2 way 2 lamps Loop in ceiling rose method Conventional.

defo no off set straight up wall 90 bend to lamps two way switching wire it any way you wish i wired it at the switch but you can loop in at the rose if you like its up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mate,

How did you get on? I have just done my 206 2330 this week and had to wire up 4 radial 2g sockets, using 20mm pvc conduit and a 90o bend, into steel trunking, into a cu. 16a mcb, and a 2 way lighting circuit feeding 2 lamps on the ceiling in steel conduit with 2 90o bends in conduit. then a sub main SWA 4.0mm 3 core from the DP isolator. I can put some pics up of the install & exam paperwork etc...

I had my 206 exam last Tuesday and found it easy. I'm doing the course part time at night at Macc College so I'm not on the tools.
So far course is going well we just multiple choice exams to go. Distinctions in all I have been marked in so far.

Reply to Level 2 (2330 206 Practical Exam) Help / Advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net