Discuss Level 3 NVQ 2356-99 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

MattSharp

Trainee
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls I've recently been enrolled onto the mature candidate assessment route and have got my NVQ pack. I've gone through a few questions and the only thing I'm really struggling with is the wording of the questions as my English skills arnet the best. I have struggled with this for s long time now. I'll include an attachment of 2 of the answers I believe are correct in relation to the question but I am still struggling to actually understand what they questions are specifically asking me.

If anyone is either able to give me a hand or point me in the right direction in what the questions are actually asking me if be massively appreciative.

Thanks all
MattLevel 3 NVQ 2356-99 20191123_180059 - EletriciansForums.net

It asks essentially to provide evidence that you compiled with legislation with regards to safe systems of work and risk assessments (MHASAWA) and to effective prove you have knowledge of them in so much as to what the documents are, thier purpose and how they actually ensure safety.

That's my take anyway

It asks essentially to provide evidence that you compiled with legislation with regards to safe systems of work and risk assessments (MHASAWA) and to effective prove you have knowledge of them in so much as to what the documents are, thier purpose and how they actually ensure safety.

That's my take anyway
Right I see, really wish I could understand it better as I'm still at a loss really having great difficulty understanding what the questions are actually asking me. I know this can be infuriating when someone doesn't understand but I'm still not months right track with it.
I'll even go as far as paying someone a fee if they would be able to help me translate the questions in a way that I'm able to understand.

Cheers
Matt

The Performance Objectives at the top refer to your statement in No1, You carry out a risk assessment. So from this what are the performance objectives you need to satisfy the risk assessment. Risk assessment in itself is stating identify risk, assess risk, who it at risk and possible consequences should these risks go unaddressed. You must also consider relevant statutory requirements.
No 2 is now assuming the risk assessment has been carried out and from this you plan a safe system of work. This could be very complex or simple depending on the nature of the site. Some safe systems of work may not apply to all parties it depends again on individuals work acivities but applying to all would hopefully ensure the safe systems work in practice.

Right I really appreciate the help you guys have given me but unfortunately I'm still coming a blank to be honest is there an easier way to communicate with you guys directly or with anyone that's willing to give me a hand? The things I have posted in the picture would you consider them correct answers or at least passable? My understanding of questions like this is really bad and it's the only thing that holds me up really.
[automerge]1574701715[/automerge]
This is some of the knowledge questions from unit 301.

Attachments

• Level 3 NVQ 2356-99 15747016841685667463801801830542 - EletriciansForums.net
    15747016841685667463801801830542.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12
You're on the right track, you're saying what you're doing but it's the end I would change.

"As identified in the R______ A______; I wore the following to lower the risk factors identified. Wearing xxxxx helps prevent......."

See what you can come up with

You're on the right track, you're saying what you're doing but it's the end I would change.

"As identified in the R______ A______; I wore the following to lower the risk factors identified. Wearing xxxxx helps prevent......."

See what you can come up with
Brill cheers bud, my tutor has said he doesn't want an SA so I'm trying to condense it down as much as possible I've found the template NVQ that's been floating around here it's given me a little bit of an idea on what they are asking but a huge amount of the questions are out of date or not there

The question is at the top and is applicable to the statements below.

It isn't phrased like a question though! However, here is my translation for question 1 “You have been asked to carry out a risk assessment, what sort of information would be covered in the text of the risk assessment?

Answer 1 would be something like “I walked the site and listed any potential hazards or risks such as potential for slips, trips and falls. Any potential obstructions to work; especially in poorly lit confined work-spaces etc."

This is my attempt to understand it anyway...

It isn't phrased like a question though! However, here is my translation for question 1 “You have been asked to carry out a risk assessment, what sort of information would be covered in the text of the risk assessment?

Answer 1 would be something like “I walked the site and listed any potential hazards or risks such as potential for slips, trips and falls. Any potential obstructions to work; especially in poorly lit confined work-spaces etc."

This is my attempt to understand it anyway...
Sorry mate we have been at crossed purposes I was referring to the pic in #5.
I agree the pic in #1 appears to be a load of statements and it is confusing but is following the steps for risk assessment, method statement and all that jazz.

I agree the pic in #1 appears to be a load of statements and it is confusing but is following the steps for risk assessment, method statement and all that jazz.

I would redo my answers to that section if I was the OP. The purpose of those is to check your understanding and knowledge of the statutory and nonstatutory regs (alongside company policies), answer 4 is along the right lines but don't judge quote legislation, you want chapter and verse - What part of EWAR covers live working? What part of (M)HASAWA covers responsibilities of employer/employees - They want demonstration of knowledge, just the name of the thing wouldn't cut it imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave can a message and awaiting a response I'm trying to find another nvq to reference from see if that would help me st all or not trying to figure it out is a mission and because I have to do each unit on another 2 jobs a lot of the answers are going to be the same as I follow the same procedures not sure of this will be okay or not.

Oh right, now it makes sense. Those are indeed more question looking in post 5 and therefore possible to answer. Derp!

Reply to Level 3 NVQ 2356-99 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock