Discuss Leviton 3-way smart switch works, but I think it's wired incorrectly! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I installed a Leviton smart switch in a 3-way circuit and the corresponding coordinating switch in the picture (right switch). The lights function as they should using both switches.
However, I recently was about to install another switch on left side of the box, when I looked at the coordinating switch and discovered that I probably wired it incorrectly. I believe I erroneously connected the neutral terminal on the coordinating switch to the neutral of the other circuit.
The circuit on the right only has one bundle of wires coming in with 3 wires: red, black and white. I believe the red is a traveler, black is the line/traveler and white is the neutral? The instructions for the switch had me capping off the black wire.
In this case, would I need to connect the neutral of the coordinating switch to this yellow wire cap with the the black and white?

1657214180441.png

TL;DR
Installed coordinating switch in 2 gang box. Both switches are on different circuits. Where do I connect the neutral of the coordinating 3-way switch?
In this case, would I need to connect the neutral of the coordinating switch to this yellow wire cap with the the black and white?
neutrals are likely common as they are on the same circuit
just tie the neutral for the swcond switch in with the neutrals for the other switch

Reply to Leviton 3-way smart switch works, but I think it's wired incorrectly! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, i’ve been trying to buy a smart switch 1 gang 1 way but i opened my conventional wall switch and i only have 1 red wire(Live Old UK) 1 black...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hi everyone. I bought one of those smart switches, specifically the Kasa 3 way kit (HS210 KIT). But when I opened my 3 way dumb switches I see...
Replies
Views
Trying to install a Lutron Toggle/Dimmer (TGCL-153PR) Confused, as the current switch has 3 wires gong to it Black, White, and Red (there is also...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone... There are a total of 4 cables entering the junction box at the top of the staircase. Two 12/2 cables are coming in through the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock