Discuss LG TV Power Cable - 19v extender help! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hey all :)

I'm wanting to mount my LG TV to the bedroom wall in my apartment, but the power cable is proving the tricky part.

It's a 19v DC into the back of the TV, meaning the power cable has one of those chunky laptop-style adapters, and it's short! - Not ideal, when wanting to hang from a wall!

Here's where I'm stumped: I thought, hey I'll just buy an extender cable, right?

1. Would this work?
  2. Every type of extender I've looked at doesn't seem like it would match my cable. The right angled jack going into the TV has a pin inside it, the TV plug-in spot doesn't. None of the extenders I've seen look like they'd match this?
I've attached a picture, because my power cable explanatory skills are lacking, I know! I'm great with a power drill, but it has come to light my inexperience with cables is obvious!

Help a girl out? :)

Juliet. x

LG TV Power Cable - 19v extender help! LG TV - EletriciansForums.net

You could always cut the cable at some point and extend it with a new section of cable, joints at each end to the original. Joints could possibly be solder in heatshrink, with an outer black heatshrink cover, all done with a hot air gun. It goes without saying you'd void any warranty if there still was one.

Reply to LG TV Power Cable - 19v extender help! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock