Discuss Licensed companies that forward you tenders and small jobs for public sector and LA's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dixon9

Got a call this afternoon from one of these. They seem above board - licensed by the EU and part of the government initiative to give small businesses a chance at LA work etc instead of the big boys getting it and then subbing it out with a price hike. Sounds good so far I suppose.

They want £99 for "admin" and they email you the available work and small jobs under £5k (for jobs in that county).

Anybody had any experience of these type of companies that provide this service? Worth the £99? A waste of time?

Re: Licensed companies that forward you tenders and small jobs for public sector and

Ignore them mate! Where I live there's an organisation called NEPO (North East Procurement Organisation) which published details of ALL public sector contracts that are going out to tender. It's a legal requirement that these things are put out there in the public domain so anyone can have a fair chance at winning the contract. There'll be a similar thing where you are I guarantee it.
Bloody parasites, tell them to do one.

Re: Licensed companies that forward you tenders and small jobs for public sector and

My experience is that a lot of these tenders will go to a nominated or preferred contractor. They have to send the tenders out however how much you will get from it I dont know. I know that

i signed up for one with another organization, all the tenders i've received so far are part of bigger projects i.e house builds or kitchen refits so all the bigger building firms that can offer all services under one roof are winning them. complete waste of time and my £99 in my opinion.

Cheers lads! Think I've made my mind up then!

Contact the council direct to see if you can go on their preferred contractors list but be warned they will want to know the in's and out's of a cows backside about your company.

When I worked for a council they had 3 types of contractors lists; one was for small cost contracts, one for medium cost contracts and one for high cost contracts.

When you wanted a contractor you would give the audit department a rough guide to the cost of the contract and they would issue you the details of six contractors for tendering from the top of the relevant list, you would then send to them the tender documents for them to tender for the work required, these six contractors would then go to the bottom of the relevant list and the next six would move up to the top of the list and so on.

Would like to know what councils pay to say replace a damaged or faulty socket/switch

Got a call this afternoon from one of these. They seem above board - licensed by the EU and part of the government initiative to give small businesses a chance at LA work etc instead of the big boys getting it and then subbing it out with a price hike. Sounds good so far I suppose.

They want £99 for "admin" and they email you the available work and small jobs under £5k (for jobs in that county).

Anybody had any experience of these type of companies that provide this service? Worth the £99? A waste of time?

your better off getting on the chas list,then target all the schools in your area for small works,speak to caretakers/heads etc,they give the work out ,forget about big works unless you have a few spare brown envelopes,they all use the prefered contractor

Would like to know what councils pay to say replace a damaged or faulty socket/switch

About £30 according to national schedule of rates ;)

Had the same sort of company company call me today. Prob the same one? Where they based in Eastbourne?

Reply to Licensed companies that forward you tenders and small jobs for public sector and LA's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net