Discuss Lidl (stud finder) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a bit off topic, I was wondering if anyone has ventured into Lidl's to take look at the £9.99 stud finder, I got one and it does do what it says on the box, not bad for under a tenner.

looked at them yesterday. ultrasonic tape measure as well? i ended up with the set of wood bits.
and the £8.99 soldering station.

looked at them yesterday. ultrasonic tape measure as well? i ended up with the set of wood bits.
and the £8.99 soldering station.

Don't think I have a measuring function on the one I got, mind you I just bunged it in the garage, I'll have a better look tomorrow.

£10 is better than hitting 2x water pipes like I did last year. Them pipes should have never been in those locations but SH** happens and for a tenner, it could have been avoided.

£10 is better than hitting 2x water pipes like I did last year. Them pipes should have never been in those locations but SH** happens and for a tenner, it could have been avoided.

pity they don't make one that detects lady learner drivers.

Drilled through a pipe once, it was for the client from hell, everything was a nightmare, just wanted to finish it & get the chuff out, so me being the helpful me (even then), I noticed the fused spur surface mounted that fed the tardis-like shower cubicle was a bit loose.....

so.... I took it off, looked at the builders abominable effort and removed the half baked effort of a rawl plug and started to drill it better (in the same place!) so it fitted flush and tight.....

"Pssssssss��������������"

the muppet that had fitted the surface mounted patress had placed it right on top of the water pipe.

just shouted "wheres the stop cock" ran out to road, hatch up, scooped mud out at warp speed....got it off.

anyway as luck would have it I knew a wetpants (of course it was friday afternoon too) and he'd just finished and was at home .... Waiting to have his hair cut (not sure if thats cover for something else). He was there in 10 minutes and fixed it rigt and proper. Only wanted £20. Gave him £40!

The bloke who owned the house was by far the worst client I have ever had. I even considered jacking it in.

bl@@dy pipes! It was a trap that one!

If theres one thing I'm looking for its water pipes , had a few emergencies in the past , I have a silver line stud finder never used it still in its box , don't think I would trust it TBH ...

pity they don't make one that detects lady learner drivers.

Please dont, I still have a phobia about learner drivers because of that. The look on her whiplashed face whilst she was travelling diagonally 15ft down the road was priceless. The instructor was not too pleased but we are friends now.

@ Spartykus, same client from hell. House rewire and 3 weeks later whilst working away in Scotland she called me. "It keeps on tripping when I turn the kitchen lights on"!!!!

A good pal from the forum went on my be-halve to sort it out. I'd nipped a pipe above the kitchen light switch in the ceiling and after a few weeks enough water had run down the switch wire and shorted it out!!! My Pal is rubbish at plumbing so got a friend in and cost me £40 bloody quid for a £5 job (in parts and 10 mins work btw). I was 250 miles away so what could I do? Paid it, customer happy and job done.

With you on that one mate

Reply to Lidl (stud finder) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net