Discuss Life after napit part 2 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

multimick

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
well it's now 18 months since i left napit and no problems to report , I am still doing domestic (mostly unfortunately) and all I do is download IEE certs (filled in on my laptop) and forward them to BC. Only once have these been questioned and I just emailed them my city and guilds qualifications along with a short letter and they were fine with that. Happier and richer
cheers Michael

so your carrying out work not with a governing body?. im 19 just finished college. about to do my 17th got my lvl 3 2365 about to get my testing. now heres where im confused with napit etc they don't take my qualification yet as a core qualification yet buy there looking into it -.- can you carry out jobs like re-wires with out being on a governing body but then doesn't some one have to come out every time

Last edited by a moderator:
so your carrying out work not with a government body?. im 19 just finished college. about to do my 17th got my lvl 3 2365 about to get my testing. now heres where im confused with napit etc they don't take my qualification yet as a core qualification yet buy there looking into it -.- can you carry out jobs like re-wires with out being on a government body but then doesn't some one have to come out every time
you dont have an nvq then?

it would be a good idea to work for someone for a couple years to build your experience up

working in the real world is completly different to what your taught in college

Last edited:
Since when has NAPIT been a government body? They’re not even a governing body.

From the OED

Conduct the policy, actions, and affairs with authority.

i have had about 1 and a half years work at 3 days a week. i understand work is different from college i learnt that when i started my level two haha it got to the point where i was talking about things from work and no one in the class got it :/ shame really because i was trying to do real world situations on some of the projects we where doing but people confused and had to keep things basic . i can do most domestic things but when i was working i did not do much in 3 phase

i have had about 1 and a half years work at 3 days a week. i understand work is different from college i learnt that when i started my level two haha it got to the point where i was talking about things from work and no one in the class got it :/ shame really because i was trying to do real world situations on some of the projects we where doing but people confused and had to keep things basic . i can do most domestic things but when i was working i did not do much in 3 phase

Stick with your 2365 level 3. Once you've got that get your nvq3 (2357 I think). I rekon if you register now you'll get it for free.
Then depending if your sticking with employer or moving on it might be wise to get 17th edition qualification 2382. You don't need it but some employers are fussy and want to see it.
Get some testing experience behind you before you look at doing the testing exam. It'll do you the world of good.

well it's now 18 months since i left napit and no problems to report , I am still doing domestic (mostly unfortunately) and all I do is download IEE certs (filled in on my laptop) and forward them to BC. Only once have these been questioned and I just emailed them my city and guilds qualifications along with a short letter and they were fine with that. Happier and richer
cheers Michael
what bc area do you work in ?

i got my 17th booked and my testing will be in December ish. i need to get some experience in 3 phase stuff >.< im working soon labouring. gong to do that till i can afford a van etc. like im learning alot about single phase testing its pretty easy but i need to learn alot more about things that can have an effect on testing. like neons etc

i got my 17th booked and my testing will be in December ish. i need to get some experience in 3 phase stuff >.< im working soon labouring. gong to do that till i can afford a van etc. like im learning alot about single phase testing its pretty easy but i need to learn alot more about things that can have an effect on testing. like neons etc

Unfortunately, one of the things that experience teaches you. There’s no fixed list of things to look for, or if there is, someone keeps adding more to it.

BTW, changing your post #2 made my post #4 utter nonsense. :grin:

at the moment im getting my cscs card and having to pay 120 for a one day site induction. i hate the middle man -.- and all i am seeing is alot of middle men in the construction industry's :c

Yes it is the middle men that take your cash Wonder how you get Quals for that lol I just seem to pay everyone else for little in return, Courses, scams, books the list is endless

Get as much experience as you can it will stand you in good stead plus some cash to save in the mean time helps lol

Yes it is the middle men that take your cash Wonder how you get Quals for that lol I just seem to pay everyone else for little in return, Courses, scams, books the list is endless

Get as much experience as you can it will stand you in good stead plus some cash to save in the mean time helps lol
sorry for delay I am in lancashire (wigan council ,west lancs council,chorley council) All I do is download IEE certs fill them in and BC accepts them ,it's the way forward no more fees !

Unfortunately, one of the things that experience teaches you. There’s no fixed list of things to look for, or if there is, someone keeps adding more to it.

BTW, changing your post #2 made my post #4 utter nonsense. :grin:

Don't worry about it Tony - nobody noticed the difference. :laugh:

:leaving:

so your carrying out work not with a governing body?. im 19 just finished college. about to do my 17th got my lvl 3 2365 about to get my testing. now heres where im confused with napit etc they don't take my qualification yet as a core qualification yet buy there looking into it -.- can you carry out jobs like re-wires with out being on a governing body but then doesn't some one have to come out every time

I'm as confused as hell, you say your 19, just finished college with a full level 3 C&G 2365, now how did you manage to do that on a standard 1 day a week basis??

Napit doesn't accept a C&G level 3, electrical core qualification, but accepts a electrical trainee course????

sorry for delay I am in lancashire (wigan council ,west lancs council,chorley council) All I do is download IEE certs fill them in and BC accepts them ,it's the way forward no more fees !
So you dont pay a fee to LABC do you just notify them beforehand did you have to send them a copy of your qualifications

Think I will be contacting them again if thats the case as when I last asked it was £190 a job

just done an ext, 2 new circuits on rcd of course,guy already had a building insp involved (wigan council) . I finished 2nd fix last week and gave the guy a downloaded form from iee ,he gave it to the BC and all is fine .But let's suppose all was not allright ,what would happen is BC would ask for a scam headed form I would say i'm not in a scam and they would have to accept an EICR from me (no scam needed for those ),but not happened yet .

different with any new build or extension work if BC are already involved as they have already had a fee and raised a building notice.

So basically( domestic speaking) work is either new build, extensions ,or lets say a kitchen or bathroom ,the first 2 are taken care off as you say which leaves the third ,how many homeowners get BC involved when they are refurbing their kitchen ? If they do they have a cert .

BC should never have been involved in purely electrical work. it's the nonsense that's called part p. no other trade has to jump through the hoops, spend oodles on scam membership, and kow-tow down to muppets just to be able to work. arrgh. i can't go on under threat of a ban.

Reply to Life after napit part 2 in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock