Discuss Light bulb flicker in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sew333

-
Reaction score
Hello. I have an question about my bulb in room. Weather is normal,no storm etc. Today first time it flickered for 1 second. It happened when i close door in my room ( no more air )
Bulb looking like that:Energiesparlampe_01_retouched.jpg

Is this problem with electric in my house or it was bulb? It flickered ( black ) for 1 second and its fine. Should i worry? All deviced and pc working ok.
My mother turned oven 2 hours ago,maybe something because of that?Bulb flickered 5 minutes ago.

Change the lamp for something a bit more efficient and modern (a LED lamp) and see if the problem has gone away.
An aging cfl, like yours, will often drop out and restart if there's a sudden momentary drop in voltage, such as when a large load is switched on.

I can't say one way or the other from a thousand miles away, but the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to replace this old tech. lamp. If you stll get the fault, then that is the time to start investigating further.

Hey i have another question. Today i turning off light in HALL ,just switched lightning to off in HALL and in the same moment,my bulb in room flickered for 1 second. I tried again 15 times <turning on and off bulb in HALL > to reproduce but this not happened again. Is this reason to worry or not?:)

Bulb in hall:
gls-bulb-500x500.jpg

Bulb in room:
energiesparlampe_01_retouched-jpg.87803

Hey i have another question. Today i turning off light in HALL ,just switched lightning to off in HALL and in the same moment,my bulb in room flickered for 1 second. I tried again 15 times <turning on and off bulb in HALL > to reproduce but this not happened again. Is this reason to worry or not?:)

Most standard light fittings I have seen are only rated for 60W. I bet it's bright in your HALL way when the light is on.
Again, maybe change the bulb in the HALL to a LED one.

The hall lamp is even older tech. than the living room one. Been banned from sale in a large part of the world for many years now.
When the hall lamp is turned on from cold it passes a momentary large current, which drops the voltage on the whole lighting circuit. This causes your faulty living room lamp to momentarily 'drop out'.
The answer is to replace all your lamps with LED types, preferably the type which looks (at first glance) like your hall lamp, which are slightly more efficient than a 'standard' LED lamp, and give light in all directions, like the existing one.

Reply to Light bulb flicker in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net