Discuss Light Sensor Trips Fuse board in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to work out why an outside light PIR trips the light in turn trips the whole fuse board inside the house.. When the PIR is disconnected then everything works fine. Anyone come across this before?
There is no moisture, all wires connected and ip66

Thank You

Has it previously worked?
Has any work been done in/near the consumer unit?

What trips? RCD would indicate a L-E/N-E fault, MCB would indicate short circuit (L-N) or an overload..

Once the know what device functioned and and an why, you can narrow down how to find it, my money is a dead short although reported fault is taking out the whole board so may RCD fault on a single RCD board/TT?

Reply to Light Sensor Trips Fuse board in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Some advice would be appreciated… I have 4 downlights in the bathroom and want to add a motion sensor to turn on just one if everything is...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
Hello I have some decking lights which to be fair, have been nothing but pain in the bottom since they were installed. Moisture in the lens lamps...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock